cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here!

tag
sobitts

New here!

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm working on cleaning up my credit report and paying off my debt so I can purchase a new home.

I just ordered my credit reports today and found a few issues that I was looking for advice on fixing (if possible).

My husband & I both have a negative public record for a lax lien for $131. It has been paid, but is not showing that.

I have a 30 day late from a Kohl's credit card for a past due balance of $64. The card was completely paid off the following month.

My husband has a negative item from an old collections account with Comcast from 2011, which was taken care of. Its status shows paid and closed.

Any advice on getting these issues resolved would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New here!

@sobitts wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm working on cleaning up my credit report and paying off my debt so I can purchase a new home.

I just ordered my credit reports today and found a few issues that I was looking for advice on fixing (if possible).

My husband & I both have a negative public record for a lax lien for $131. It has been paid, but is not showing that. Dispute it as being paid off, then check into getting a lien withdrawl from the entity that filed the lien in the firstplace, this will get it off your CRs.

I have a 30 day late from a Kohl's credit card for a past due balance of $64. The card was completely paid off the following month. GW Letter

My husband has a negative item from an old collections account with Comcast from 2011, which was taken care of. Its status shows paid and closed. GW letter

Any advice on getting these issues resolved would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
sobitts

Re: New here!

Thank you gdale6 for the suggestions! 

So far I've emailed a GW to Kohl's requesting to have the 30 day late removed. I received a call about an hour later from their executive offices and she told me that they have to report accurately to the credit bureaus so she's unable to change it. I'm going to send one out in the mail and see if that works.

I called the tax office and they just recorded that it was paid and are faxing me a release that I need to send to the credit agencies.

I can't find any email for Comcast, so I'll have to wait till I get home to look at the address on my credit report. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.