Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here

Hi everyone!

I've been rebuilding my credit for the last few months, and came across this forum about a month ago. I thought you had to sign up for a $29.99 monthly subscription, but guess not.

At the beginning of October I was dealing with defaulted student loans through the Department of Education/Nelnet. I also started loan rehabilitation the same month, and have been making on-time payments to GC Services. According to them, I should be done with the process in June 2017. When the process is complete, are the negative tradelines supposed to fall off and be replaced with new and spotless ones?

Also, I've really tried to get an old Capital One charge off deleted from Ex, Tu, and Eq, but they're not wanting to budge. I disputed the account and they sent me a letter asking for more information, so I sent a 4 pararagraph plea. Haven't heard back from them, yet.

It seems like many people on this forum are having trouble getting Capital One to do anything, so it's nice not struggling alone anymore.

I also had a civil judgement/public record from money I owed my previous apartment complex, but I was able settle it last month and get it fully deleted from both Tu and Eq. Luckily it was never reported to Eq.

At this point in time, I don't know my exact Fico score, but plan on signing up for a monthly membership in April to keep track of it.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here

Rahabilitation does not get rid of your previous lateness. It gets rid of a current derog status and any sign of default, such as charged off remarks and/or collection tradelines.

If you have proof that the Capital One charge off is inaccurate and provided them such proof, you can just file a complaint with the cfpb against the CRA with the proof that it is inaccurate and the CRA's response to your dispute.

Message 2 of 12
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Did the credit bureaus ask for more informationa and you send it to them?  If so, this may be why you did not hear back,  You can give a credit bureau a 60 page dispute on an account, and someone that gets paid minium wage turns that into a 2 digit code or a couple 2 digit code.  They then send this to your credit card company and their automated system receives those 2 digit codes, and it sends back to the credit bureau the information that is in their computer to "verify" the information.  They may not even read that 60 page dispute, they just scan it inot the computer, and the computer decides what to code it as.  In the meantime your waiting 20-30 days to get a "remains" responce back because logical questions are never apart of the dispute process.

I heard someplace the keyword you want to use for a delete is "obsolete" when disputing to credit bureaus.  I never tried this yet because I didn't learn about it until after the last dispute I sent in for an account I want deleted for Calvalry....if you want I can swithc accounts with you we want deleted (Has smirk on face hoping OP doesn't know about Calvalry_)

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrTom wrote:

Did the credit bureaus ask for more informationa and you send it to them?  If so, this may be why you did not hear back,  You can give a credit bureau a 60 page dispute on an account, and someone that gets paid minium wage turns that into a 2 digit code or a couple 2 digit code.  They then send this to your credit card company and their automated system receives those 2 digit codes, and it sends back to the credit bureau the information that is in their computer to "verify" the information.  They may not even read that 60 page dispute, they just scan it inot the computer, and the computer decides what to code it as.  In the meantime your waiting 20-30 days to get a "remains" responce back because logical questions are never apart of the dispute process.

I heard someplace the keyword you want to use for a delete is "obsolete" when disputing to credit bureaus.  I never tried this yet because I didn't learn about it until after the last dispute I sent in for an account I want deleted for Calvalry....if you want I can swithc accounts with you we want deleted (Has smirk on face hoping OP doesn't know about Calvalry_)

Obsolete = out of date = past its reporting period. This is used for EE.

Sometimes a creditor will decide to let the account get deleted because of its age (or some other reason), and that can be a reason for success.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loykeyorca-

I keep getting told different information regarding my loan rehabilition every time I call GC services. One rep told me the negative trade lines would fall off entirely, and another one today said that they wouldn't. This whole process isn't near as easy as I thought, and it feels like this company is trying to screw me over. I only have 4 more payments to make, and thinking about calling Dept. of Education tomorrow to get correct information.

The Capital One information is accurate, but I was hoping they'd goodwill the charge off, since I lost my job at the time and was a good customer up until that point.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their system sucks then if all they do is condense a goodwill letter down to 2-3 characters, without reviewing the information. However, I will wait and see what Capital One says and not worry about it for now.

Hmmmm... Calvary. I'd switch with you if it was also a charge off lol

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So saying obsolete or out-of-date in a goodwill letter will make it more likely for it to work?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did you dispute the Capital One if it is correct?  Disputes are for incorrect reporting.  They are not intended for removing things you don't want on your report that are correct.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I've put so much effort into reporting innacurracies, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and get the  (negative) accurate information removed. Even if its just verified and kept on the report, I'm ok with that. All that's left open on my three reports now are student loans, which are 4 months away from being rehabilitated.

Message 9 of 12
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Their system sucks then if all they do is condense a goodwill letter down to 2-3 characters, without reviewing the information. However, I will wait and see what Capital One says and not worry about it for now.

Hmmmm... Calvary. I'd switch with you if it was also a charge off lol

Calvary is a Debt Buyer/ Collection Company and this is no company you ever ever ever want to have to deal with.  From all the researching I have done, they are 1 of 2 compaines  that loves to play hard ball and they will never toss you a bone.  I finally won the battle to get the account deleted today, i've been trying at this for the last 12-16 months!!  No I did not make a typo- that shows how tough this comapny is to deal with.

As for yourCap1- E-Mail the CEO of Cap1 and you'll get a call a coule days after from the executive offices. These people that call you here can do basically ANYTHING.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.