cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installment loans PIF hurting score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New installment loans PIF hurting score?

About six months ago, I was going through some tough times.  In order to avoid going into credit card debt, I took out about three personal loans.  Each of them were about ~$2500, high interest loans.  Paid them off in about 30 days.

I just realized that two of the three installment loans hit my TU report.  These are PIF installment loans, status closed, paid satisfactorily.  I'm wondering if these installment loans are actually hurting my score, because they're bringing down my AAoA and if it's worthwhile to try to get these accounts deleted?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: New installment loans PIF hurting score?

Take out a secured installment loan at a local CU, or use sdfcu, which is popular. Lasts 2 years or more, easier than trying to get that removed.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New installment loans PIF hurting score?

Of course they will bring your score down in the short run because of the AAoA.  But in the long term they help.

You are already at 657 so I am guessing you are either on the thin credit side or have some baddies.  In either case, your AAoA is being outweighed by the other stuff and a paid installment loan reports for 10 years...a good thing for paid off accounts.

I'd just wait it out... a year or two from now you will be glad you did.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.