cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member. few questions about PFD/GW/DV

tag
Joefish1982

New member. few questions about PFD/GW/DV

Hello everyone. 1st off, i apologize upfront if this is scatter brained in any way at all. I've been trying to learn as much as i can about improving/repairing my  credit, and my mind is racing. I love this communitity (even though I've mostly just been a Troll). Everyone seems so helpful and polite. there is no judging, i love that! Credit issues are an embarrasing thing, and for others to lend you a helping hand makes admitting the problem much easier, then asking for advice also much easier. so, Thank you for all of the help!!!

so, just pulled my free report from ACR.com. lots of things to dive into and i know that slow and steady wins the race. i was thinking about hiring lexington law, but after after reading some topics/posts here, i think i can do it on my own with this communities help. i'd rather put $100 a month into rebuilding than fleecing someones pocket. i spend enough on Gas monthly haha.

ok, so random questions:

1) Past, paid, collections or past accounts with slow pays. Is it worth it to try to do a GW letter on these paid accounts? to me, it seems they might be willing to help since i paid them. example: Capital One card. not secured. had it for about 2 years (5/11-2/12) and had 3x30 day lates during that time. acct has been closed since 2/12. should i send them  GW letter? same question, but with former car loans and paid off collections also.

2) DV/Dispute. i have a few collections showing up that i honestly dont recall ever "owning". Should I dispute 1st and hope they dont answer? and with the Dispute, i send that to the 3 credit agencys Certified mail correct?

3) Rebuilding. What other Good Secured cards are there besides Cap One and Orchird Bank?

Again, thank you in advance for any/all help or tips (even if its pointing me in the right direction on the forums).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Joefish1982

Re: New member. few questions about PFD/GW/DV

Also, regarding PFD's. is it better to dispute it and hope i get lucky and if not, then move forward with a PFD? or should i just start with PFD and see whats happens?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.