Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member needing advise

tag
newhorizon
Established Member

New member needing advise

Hello All,

I have been reading the threads for the last couple of days. I saw that members were getting useful information so I decided to give it a shot.

I have not had the best credit history and would like advise on how to correct it going forward.

I have 1 Federal tax judgment on my credit report. This has been paid off.

I have 3 more from the State of New York.  Date of filing is 3/1/2006, 6/28/08 and 4/26/2010. They have all been paid.

I also have 1 account from Credigy Receivables from 2007 which has been paid off as well. It shows on Experian and Equifax as not paid. I have reached out to Credigy Receivables and expect a proof of payment to send to the credit agency.

What can I do to remove the rest of from my Credit Report? I live in New York and from reading the postings it sounds as if I could get these removed after 5 years (as long as the acct is paid). I do not have no open accounts and no credit cards. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New member needing advise

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Read in here. There are many success stories in removing paid fed judgments. Might be worth trying the same process with state. For the 5-yr NY CRTP, I'm not certain PRs like liens or judgments are included in that. I think it only applies to paid collections. Worth a review.

Send a GW to Credigy.

Message 2 of 3
newhorizon
Established Member

Re: New member needing advise

Thanks for the response. I will definitely read up on the suggested postings. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.