cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member of this forum and should i apply for credit with fingerhut?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New member of this forum and should i apply for credit with fingerhut?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello guys, How are you? I am a new member of this forum and is really trying to rebuild my credit the best I canSmiley Happy Have already learned a lot from you guys since i started reading here a month ago.. Thank you!! You guys are right.. There is definitely life after bankruptcy.
I had a recent bankruptcy on my credit report that was just discharged last Jan 2016. I was thinking of applying for fingerhut credit card(thinking if this would boost my score since it would increase my overall CLI) but dont really planning on using it since there items are definitely overpriced!

Credit Karma Scores
Before bankruptcy was dicharged TU: 591 EQ:596
After bankruptcy was dicharged TU: 667 EQ:643
I also have 3 new credit cards and credit rebuild loan from DCU($1000) thats almost a month old
Capitalone Unsecured - $1000 CL (Capitalone have already upgraded this card to Quicksilver just yesterday) Lol I know that this is less than a month old but they already upgraded me. No AFSmiley Happy
Capitalone Secured - $1151 CL
Harley Davidson Secured - $500 CL
I also tried to apply with Discover IT Secured, DCU Secured and Barclays but they have denied me since i dont have any revolving accounts at the time that i applied

The Capitalone Unsecured and Harley Davidson Secured have already shown in my credit report(3% util) + all the inquiries that I did
The scores now are TU:675 EQ:653 (They havent reported the capitalone secured and credit rebuild loan yet on this report)
This is my story for the past 2 monthsSmiley Happy

so should i apply for FIngerhut credit card even if im not planning to use it? would there be a benefit even they dont report a payment? Let me know if im doing everything so fast.

I would not really bother with FH at this point. You have three cards and thats really all you need. Sit on them for six months, then see where you are at. You should get some decent CLI's from the Cap One cards, and you may even qualify for the Venture or the Quicksilver.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet, thanks.

But you know, it doesn't show me all the info.  :/ 

I'm having a bad time finding a 3-Bureau monitoring program with Fico scores that also has full information.

For example, I want it to show my DOFD and the date the CRA has it scheduled to fall off. I've only seen that info on my annualcreditreport.com or one of the after-dispute reports directly from the CRA in the mail. On the fuller ones it also sometimes has a list of all the phone numbers ive used...  and the others don't.

It seems to be so inconsistent... sometimes it's a full one, sometimes not. The CCT website just have these cartoonish "tiles" for my accounts, with just status, amount, and payment history. Not enough info, even if I choose the printable report.  

Thats typical of virtually all of the third party report sites. For some reason they all strip that info out. The only way to get it is to get your free annual reports (Keep an electronic copy of these every time you get them), or by purchasing a report directly from the CRA, or via the dispute process. If you have something to dispute, use that opportunity to copy everything down.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes they will offer it when you call to cancel. It was an automated system when I did it. The offer will be for anywhere from 1 to 5 years. Hmm, that's news to me. It will show the full price when you look at the billing section but it only charges 15.98. Winds up being 17 and change after taxes for me Mine is $14.97 every month with no added charges.

Is CCT really this erratic? Are they making different offers for each person and charging different prices? That doesn't seem right!

What do you think triggers a different length of time for each customer?

rmduhon27, are they required to charge sales tax where you live?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.