Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New milestone

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

New milestone

I started my rebuild last May with scores ranging from 590-600. Today I refreshed my Credit Check Total reports and for the first time in my life I have a 700+ score. Over the past 15 months I've had a combination of negative accounts falling off with many new credit card accounts added. I had a few months of high utilization overall, and a few months of very high utilization on two cards with low utl overall. I probably should have reached 700 sooner but with all the inquiries and new accounts it took a bit longer, I had 8-9 new accounts from this past April alone. I still have no clue how my equifax score is 36 points lower than my Transunion score considering the reports are almost exactly the same, but whatever. I still have a settled Wells Fargo auto loan with many late payments that doesn't fall off until July of 2017, and three student loans with Sallie Mae that have one 90 day late that fall off in May of next year. My goal is to reach 720 across the board one year from now, and 750 two years from now when the last negative drops off. So, stay positive, it takes some time but my credit was a wreck and now it's at least respectable.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New milestone

Congrats on your success!!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It's good to see how different people progress in a year. I see some people who jump 100pts in 5 or 6 months and some people do it in over a year. I guesss it depends how bad your reports are in the beginning. Thanks for giving me some motivation & keep up the great work!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

I started my rebuild last May with scores ranging from 590-600. Today I refreshed my Credit Check Total reports and for the first time in my life I have a 700+ score. Over the past 15 months I've had a combination of negative accounts falling off with many new credit card accounts added. I had a few months of high utilization overall, and a few months of very high utilization on two cards with low utl overall. I probably should have reached 700 sooner but with all the inquiries and new accounts it took a bit longer, I had 8-9 new accounts from this past April alone. I still have no clue how my equifax score is 36 points lower than my Transunion score considering the reports are almost exactly the same, but whatever. I still have a settled Wells Fargo auto loan with many late payments that doesn't fall off until July of 2017, and three student loans with Sallie Mae that have one 90 day late that fall off in May of next year. My goal is to reach 720 across the board one year from now, and 750 two years from now when the last negative drops off. So, stay positive, it takes some time but my credit was a wreck and now it's at least respectable.

Congrats.  I just recently got to 700 on TU and it is such a rush to know that your hard work is paying off.  Keep up the good work. 

Message 4 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

Congrats on 700! I hit 700 on one of my VantageScores, which has whet my appetite for the real thing.

Message 5 of 14
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, for years and years I avoided even thinking about my credit. At one point in time I needed to get a family friend to co-sign just so I could get an apartment. I couldn't even get a cell phone with Verizon for crying out loud. I was also once turned down for a job because of my credit. It really does put you at ease knowing you dont have to worry about those things anymore. I will definitely make sure my credit remains solid going forward, I have no interest in going back to that kind of madness.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your milestone!

But I have learned that you can never ever drop your guard again.

Nice work.

Message 7 of 14
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

More than enough credit.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. 

Message 9 of 14
itsnew
Contributor

Congratulations
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.