Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New old collection... sigh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New old collection... sigh

A collection agency called me today about medical bills from 2012. I've never received bills for these and they told me they were all returned to them.... uh, yeah they were. They mailed them to an old address but I had forwarding set up so I should've gotten them anyway. Sigh.

At any rate, it's $1100 from a chiropractor I paid every visit. So that's interesting. I requested a full accounting of what they say I owe because there's no way I owe that. Maybe I missed a visit or two, but clearly they've added a **bleep** ton of fees to it. Since they conceded I never got the bill, I'm hoping this counts as my 30 days to dispute and they don't throw this up on my credit report while I'm in underwriting on my home!

Always something. I swear.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New old collection... sigh

I think DV's must be done in writing but if your going through the home buying process you may need to check with the mortgage message board on how best to handle this so that they dont screw you over last minute especially since your midscore is not that high.  A new collection report  and also a dispute could complicate things...IJS.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New old collection... sigh

I would begin by calling the chiropractor and making an informal inquiry as to how/why it was placed for collection.

If it was assignend or sold to a debt collector, it must have been done by them.

If they state that they never referred or sold to a debt collector, request that they send you a statement to that effect.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.