Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New on here and need some help with negative on credit report

tag
whitehead45
New Visitor

New on here and need some help with negative on credit report

I am new to this forum and don't know my way around and I'm sure this is a quetsions that should be asked within a different thread so I will understand if this gets moved to the correct thread:

Anyway I have a college housing debt that I didn't pay because I thought it was covered by my athletic scholarship 5+ years ago.  It is the only negetive on my credit but it is pulling my credit down by about 40+ points by itself.  I still to this day believe that it should have been covered by my scholarship; however I paid it the first day it went to collections.  I wouild like to get this off of my Credit Report and have made an effort at a good will letter and it did not work.  I filed a dispute via my online credit report and so far only experian has responded with the decision and it came back as updated and my credit report was updated to show that in december and january of 2013-14 are now currently in collections.  I paid this bill 5 years ago; can they still show me as currently in collections?  Does this give me what I need to be able to show that it is filed in error now?

any help would be great!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: New on here and need some help with negative on credit report

If you paid it it should be showing paid with a zero balance. did u pay with a cc or money order? Send copy of cleared payment in with dispute . that should clear it up.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.