cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Forum Need Advise - Can previous late payment history be removed or hidden?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Forum Need Advise - Can previous late payment history be removed or hidden?

I am new to the forum. I have been reading a lot of the post and they are a great help - however some a little to late for me. After pulling my a powerscore on 4/26/10 I see it says that all the categories are good except the payment history. I want to work on this because I think this will be the key to boosting my score but I just don't know what the best approach would be. I am pretty cautious about applying for new accounts because I always get turned down so I really don't want to take that approach. I was wondering if there is some way to improve the history from accounts already on my CR. Below is a snapshot of what I have:

Tire Kingdom Credit Card/ Citi

Opened - 09/07

Last Activity - 06/08

30 Days late 3 times: 11/07, 01/08, 06/08

Account closed by grantor/ closed paid account

HSBC

Opened - 04/06

Last Activity - 03/10

30 Days late 1 time: 02/10

Pays as agreed/ Account currently open

Verizon

Opened - 04/06

Last Activity - 05/06

120 Days past due

Paid Collection/ Utility

USAA Savings Bank

Opened - 04/03

Last Activity - 09/05

120 Days past due

Account closed by grantor/ zero balance credit card

Washington Mutual/ Chase Credit Card

Opened - 06/07

Last Activity - 04/10

90 Days past due 4 times/ 60 Days past due 1 time/ 30 Days past due 2 times

Account closed by grantor

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: New to Forum Need Advise - Can previous late payment history be removed or hidden?

Goodwill letters / calls are your best path.  Also, what's your utilization like?

30 day lates hurt less after 2 years.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to Forum Need Advise - Can previous late payment history be removed or hidden?

Currently I only have two lines open - HSBC credit card & Wells Fargo car loan. The HSBC balance is at about 30% of the available balance. I hope this answers your question regarding utilization - not sure. As far as GW letter where can I find an example and what purpose would they serve since the accounts have already been paid and closed?

Message 3 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

The purpose is to throw yourself on their mercy and ask them to remove the late payment reporting.  Examples are aplenty, but the basic idea is: I was wrong, I'm sorry, here's my extenuating circumstance, this is why that no longer applies, here's why it's not indicative of my actual repayment ability / responsibility, etc.

You'll get a boost out of paying that card down to 9% or less.  With that many lates, and some being that recent, I don't feel like GW is going to work very well for you.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to the forum. I have been reading a lot of the post and they are a great help - however some a little to late for me. After pulling my a powerscore on 4/26/10 I see it says that all the categories are good except the payment history. I want to work on this because I think this will be the key to boosting my score but I just don't know what the best approach would be. I am pretty cautious about applying for new accounts because I always get turned down so I really don't want to take that approach. I agree that you shouldn't even consider new credit until you get some things repaired.

I was wondering if there is some way to improve the history from accounts already on my CR. Below is a snapshot of what I have:

Tire Kingdom Credit Card/ Citi

Opened - 09/07

Last Activity - 06/08

30 Days late 3 times: 11/07, 01/08, 06/08 These are beginning to lose some impact but you should try to GW them.

Account closed by grantor/ closed paid account

HSBC

Opened - 04/06

Last Activity - 03/10

30 Days late 1 time: 02/10 This is very recent and is hurting you. A GW try is on order here also.

Pays as agreed/ Account currently open

Verizon

Opened - 04/06

Last Activity - 05/06

120 Days past due

Paid Collection/ Utility  A collection will remain on your reports for up to 7.5 years from the DOFD (Date of First Delinquency). This is a big negative. All you can do is GW.  A paid collection hurts just as much as unpaid.

USAA Savings Bank

Opened - 04/03

Last Activity - 09/05

120 Days past due  Did this ever go to collections? Another major negative. GW this.

Account closed by grantor/ zero balance credit card

Washington Mutual/ Chase Credit Card

Opened - 06/07

Last Activity - 04/10

90 Days past due 4 times/ 60 Days past due 1 time/ 30 Days past due 2 times  Same as all the rest. All you can do is GW.

Account closed by grantor

Unfortunately you are not in a position of strength here. These creditors are under no obligation to help you or even respond to your GW requests.There are examples of GW letters you can do a search for. I wish you well getting these removed. Some people have success with GW's; others not so much. All you can do is keep trying.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I wrote GW letters and snail mailed to every address I could find for each account. Please say a prayer of success for me. If anyone happens to have email addresses or fax numbers to where I can send GW letters that they would share I would be sooo appreciative.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.