cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Forum, requesting general advice...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Forum, requesting general advice...

Hello all, thanks in advance for any advice you guys can send my way.

After checking my credit report on 3/1/13 after not doing so for over a year, i have found that my score dropped from the 700s to 590. Here are some details

2 negatives

1. Best Buy Credit Card- One 30 day late from 2/2012. I don't know the validity of this blemish as I can not look up the statement. Should I dispute, goodwill, or wait another year for it to drop off?

2. First Premier Card- This one is the thorne in my side. Brought to a zero balance on the card after never being late, and I could have sworn I closed the account then (as it had a monthly fee) I also moved and never received any correspondence. I found out from a phonecall that they charged off the acccount for less than a hundred dollars ( monthly fees and late fees I would guess). I asked for a Pay For Delete, and they said no. So i have not paid the balance yet. Do I have any avenues left? Or do I just pay the balance, ask for a paid in full status, and wait pateintly for 7 years to come and go? Should I write a goodwill letter to them stating my case, or dispute? I can't dispute that I have no knowledge of the account as I do, I can't dispute that its not mine, so I don't know what to dispute.... All 3 reports state different things, like dates for the 30, 60, 90 days are all different, but the important info like that the account is closed and charged off all match. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

When writing a dispute letter, do you write the creditor or the credit agency?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: New to Forum, requesting general advice...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, thanks in advance for any advice you guys can send my way.

After checking my credit report on 3/1/13 after not doing so for over a year, i have found that my score dropped from the 700s to 590. Here are some details

2 negatives

1. Best Buy Credit Card- One 30 day late from 2/2012. I don't know the validity of this blemish as I can not look up the statement. Should I dispute, goodwill, or wait another year for it to drop off? Does not drop off after 2 years, but has less of an impact on your scores.

2. First Premier Card- This one is the thorne in my side. Brought to a zero balance on the card after never being late, and I could have sworn I closed the account then (as it had a monthly fee) I also moved and never received any correspondence. I found out from a phonecall that they charged off the acccount for less than a hundred dollars ( monthly fees and late fees I would guess). I asked for a Pay For Delete, and they said no. So i have not paid the balance yet. Do I have any avenues left? Or do I just pay the balance, ask for a paid in full status, and wait pateintly for 7 years to come and go? Should I write a goodwill letter to them stating my case, or dispute? I can't dispute that I have no knowledge of the account as I do, I can't dispute that its not mine, so I don't know what to dispute.... All 3 reports state different things, like dates for the 30, 60, 90 days are all different, but the important info like that the account is closed and charged off all match. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Trying to have a PFD done or a GW letter is not always cut and dry. It is a matter of being persistent and keep trying, and hope you get someone willing to work with you. Search the forums for First Premier and see if anyone has had any success having a PFD or GW done and see if there is any information on who to contact. If they have had success and no information really given, then try sending the OP a private message asking if they can help you out.

When writing a dispute letter, do you write the creditor or the credit agency? It depends on the reason you are disputing.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.