Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Myfico! Really excited😁

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Myfico! Really excited😁

Ok I don't even know where to start, well according to my report from EX I have 2 accounts in collection which are utilities bills, one from Comcast from 2012 and the other one from a gas company in 2012 also. I did have lots of CCs about 10 years and they're all delinquent and in collections, most of them fell off except the ones I mentioned above. I received my cap1 secured card about 2 wks ago which is 99/200. I tried to obtain my fico score all 3 but since I have a "thin" file with EQ I couldn't. I was only able to get EX which is at 560...I know very low, but I'm really ready to rebuild since I want to purchase I house within a year from now. Now how do I go about getting rid of the collections? Do I contact the original creditors or the CA? Do I have to do in writing? I'm planning on paying those off but really want them to get deleted...any help will be really appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New to Myfico! Really excited😁

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I don't even know where to start, well according to my report from EX I have 2 accounts in collection which are utilities bills, one from Comcast from 2012 and the other one from a gas company in 2012 also. I did have lots of CCs about 10 years and they're all delinquent and in collections, most of them fell off except the ones I mentioned above. I received my cap1 secured card about 2 wks ago which is 99/200. I tried to obtain my fico score all 3 but since I have a "thin" file with EQ I couldn't. I was only able to get EX which is at 560...I know very low, but I'm really ready to rebuild since I want to purchase I house within a year from now. Now how do I go about getting rid of the collections? Do I contact the original creditors or the CA? Do I have to do in writing? I'm planning on paying those off but really want them to get deleted...any help will be really appreciated!

welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

I would contact the OCs *by phone) on these and ask them to recall the collection in exchange for full payment of the accounts. If they wont do that then I would attempt the PFD directly with the CAs. (by US MAIL)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 4
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Welcome 2 The Forum !!!!!!!! Glad 2 have ya.....

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! So ask to recall the collection in exchange of full payment! That's going to be my first step! Starting tomorrow! Thanks, will keep you guys updated😁
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.