Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to credit rebuilding

tag
lannette14

New to credit rebuilding

Hi all,

Can't believe I couldn't find this site earlier, but just looking around its looks like there will be lots of valuable info here.  After 16 months of paying Lex Law and wasting money, I have decided to take my credit into my own hands.  Me and hubby are ready to buy a house.  I have pulled all three reports and now I am need help with the "previously verified" accounts.  I want to be in the 700 club, and I know that its possible, so here's to my time, effort and new home!

Thanks to everyone in advance who helps me along my credit journey Smiley Tongue

Current FICO

TU 572

EXP 573

EQ 530

Starting Score: EX 548 EQ 565 TU 515 (1/19/11)
Current Score: EX ? EQ 637 TU 625
Goal Score: ALL ABOVE 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: New to credit rebuilding

First things first, where did you pull your credit scores from?

If you have pulled a 3 report score then those scores are what we call FAKO scores. 

To obtain FICO scores which is the score that most creditors/lenders use you can obtain your Equifax FICO score here or from Equifax site (but you would have to hunt FICO score down they do not make it easy to find), you can obtain your TransUnion FICO score here or from transunioncs.com site. To obtain your Experian score you would have to obtain that FICO score from creditors/lenders or a CU (credit union) PSECU in PA, which are the only ways to obtain your Experian FICO score presently.

If you would like some advice from members from their experiences you would have to give some additional information about your credit profiles.

EXAMPLE

Credit Card Balance Credit Limit Opened Closed Late 30,60,90,120,150

Installment Loans  Balance Credit Limit Opened Closed Late 30.60.90.120,150

Mortgage Opened Closed Late 30.60.90,120,150

Collections How Old Paid Unpaid Your State SOL DOFD of the OC

Judgements How Old Paid Unpaid

No need for any personal information at any time on these forums.

EDITED: to say  Welcome to the Forums 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
lannette14

Re: New to credit rebuilding

Hi and thanks for the info.

I pulled TU from myfico.com, and equifax from their site.

The issues I have on my CR are unpaid collections that have been sent to collection agencies.  All are over 5 years old, with some falling off late next year, and more in 2012.  The only accounts I have showing from original creditors are from WFNNB for Samuel's and Beall's, and 2 Capital One accounts.  The only other issue is an unpaid judgement which is about 3 years old.

Beall's $512 opened 5/2002 late 9/2004

Samuels $730 opened 5/2002 late 10/2004

Asset Acceptance

Midland credit mgmt

Pinnacle Credit Srvs.

Pinnacle Financial group

Enhanced Recovery Co.

Cavalry Portfolio Srvs.

CB medical collection

I have already made progress with Capital One as of 12/2 using information from the forum.  I was calling to try to see if I can pay, and have deleted. I called and gave them the original account number and they were not able to find either in their system, and so the rep sent the info to th CB reporting dpt. and they will send a letter stating they were not able to locate either, and will delete from reports! YAY!  I'm supposed to have those letters this week, so I will be on the lookout for it.

Starting Score: EX 548 EQ 565 TU 515 (1/19/11)
Current Score: EX ? EQ 637 TU 625
Goal Score: ALL ABOVE 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.