cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum. My history, shopping cart trick success, GW letters the whole nine in one post!

tag
kestelow

New to forum. My history, shopping cart trick success, GW letters the whole nine in one post!

Hi all I've been lurking for a few weeks on here and this is my first post. (I recently canceled my freecreditreport.com account and joined a class action against them, long story (recently won a class action against SallieMae for harassment so no harm in trying) I then joined myfico,  Anyway...

So I got the ShopNBC shopping cart trick one to pop up with $1000 my highest current active card other than my business Captial 1 card $2500, but sadly I can't get Buckle which I wanted. (I've had VS and Express since 2003 and they recently accepted my online request for increase with a SP!!!) Fair warning with those if your credit score drops they will restrict your VS and Express cards to non use. It happened to me in the past, good news it kept reporting as open. 

On top of that I sent various GW emails to CEO's of companies. Well today the CEO of Capital 1 sent my email to an associate (1 day later since I sent it!) who was soooo nice to me. He did however say they cannot change accurate info but I also requested an account I have listed as closed but I've been faithful on for 5 years to be removed from restricted access and reinstated as current and in good standing. He was very optimistic saying I met the criteria in payments etc and he just needed to speak to a few colleges and would call me back. I do plan to bring up the GW portion again but if I can reinstate that card to open and current vs closed and collections that would be amazing.  (tip for contacting CEO's or Executives...first.last@company.com or firstlast@company.com or (firstinitial)(lastname)@company.com.

SallieMae is however a bust, they emailed me a generic response to call, I call and get sent to NES who says they can't help I'm paying as agreed to them I need to speak to Sallie Mae to change the reporting to the credit companies, but all attempts to call Sallie Mae sends me to NES. It's a horrible circle. The NES guy said, really you can just keep paying or settle, really only two choices. 

My mustang is on her last legs, she's a 2001 i bought new and paid off with ford in good standing so i'm on the rebuild status to try with Ford again next year. I have mortgage issues and student loan issues. (Ex lives in other house, decided not to pay mortgage, i told him I wasn't going to keep paying it so there we are, he finally moved out after 2 years so it's going up for sale thankfully, hopefully before foreclosure) His debts hurt me and the home i live in so i gave up on him and that house. 

Calls to my other three student loans and emails to their CEOs have thus shown no progress...No response yet from Target or Orchard Bank either. Both of which are paid biweekly and have been for years with one or two late blotches in 2009.

I put myself into 3 bank accounts. One for savings that is 50 a check and then once a month 50 goes into an IRA, I have my 401k at 2.5% with a full match building and then 1 checking with biweekly estimates needed to pay all bills and one for spending. Then Biweekly i have auto set up payments on ALL accounts except utilities. This has been a HUGE help. What i do is set these up for 3 biweekly payments at a time and then put a calendar reminder in my phone when to go in and redo them. This way nothing is EVER late and i'm paying it early and reducing interest. This action alone has beefed up my credit card payments significantly and the split checking accounts has helped me monitor my spending (as much as i can, i do break down and use the other which is bad bad bad)

So that's my brief history story etc kind of thing. I've been on my own since 20 (my dad {mom gone since 3} and grands died then and i was their nurse, while attending college and working 3 jobs and being exectrix to all accounts and saving my older sisters butt time and time again) I've always worked my butt off and my life after college got tough, having two houses we got on my credit and inheritance mostly and my ex didn't work for the 10 years we were together and current man well same issue for 2 years plus I've been taking care of his child.I have an issue with helping others that screws me, so i'm on a long road to change my habits significantly (I'm even applying for jobs for the BF in my free time and entering sweepstakes cause that's fun). If possible don't judge my history I know i keep letting myself get hurt but the important thing is I realize it and i'm fixing it. I started my own business in 2007 and currently have 17 managers working for me.

I plan to get my own spot and stop contracting out teams but my credit hurts my business and i really need to get it all in line. 

So tips, thoughts, yays for me etc area ll appreciated. 

Experian: 633 7/9/2013
TransUnion: 632 7/9/2013
Exquifax: 559 7/8/2013
Goal: 730
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.