cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum. Need help with capital one cc

tag
fwilliams5

New to forum. Need help with capital one cc

Hi all. Thanks for reading in advance. I had a capital one credit card which was charged off. The original amount was500.00. The account has been bought by a collection agency which now has abalance of 2100.00. They called me today (CA). Capital one continues toreport to credit bureau but shows I owe 1200.00. A judgment was filed by capone. The papers were delivered to myhouse. I have no idea how to proceed.Please help! !!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: New to forum. Need help with capital one cc

Set up payments at least call the collection agency if there is a judgement cap1 probably will not work with you. And they could start garnishing your wages for it. Has the court date already passed or is it pending if its pending pay it then show up on your court date to make sure it is dismissed.
Message 2 of 11
fwilliams5

I think the court date has already past. I'm wondering should I contact CA to see if they can stop judgment process?
Message 3 of 11
twall06
Frequent Contributor

You will have to set up payments or pay in full. The judgement you may be able to get removed after you pay it but ethier if it just updates as paid is better than it being unpaid.
Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you were served did you provide a response or not do anything?  Who was the paperwork from?  The CA or an attorney?

Do you still have the paperwork?

Message 5 of 11
kbl7td
Established Member

Apparently there's a new dude on campus at cap one, these guys are suing everyone now. 

Message 6 of 11
fwilliams5

The notice says "notice of signing of judgment" the plaintiff is capital one. The original file date is aug 2010. The judgment was signed feb 26, 2013. I dont remember receiving the original notice. I might have I just dont recall. This acct has been assigned to a CA. They called me several days ago. How shoukd I proceed? Help please!!!!!
Message 7 of 11
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Was you served before the court date or did you find out after they already placed the judgement?
Message 8 of 11
fwilliams5

No. I dont remember being served. If I was served it was in 2010. I didnt find out abt the court date until I received these papers. The originate date I opened acct was 10/2007. DOFD 1/2009. I live in La. Not sure what SOL is in my state
Message 9 of 11
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Idk when they sued me a local officer served me with the papers not sure how it works every where else .
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.