Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to myFICO/Need help Improving 500 Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to myFICO/Need help Improving 500 Credit Score

The secure cc has a $0 balance.  I've been using it monthly just to show payment history, but using 10-30% utilization each month.  I have had it for 3-4 years now, but mismanaged it in the past.  So, now I'm trying to rebuild good payment and utilization history.

Also, I wanted to add that I got approval for the Cap 1 QS card.  If I apply for another one, what type of Cap 1 card should I apply for?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The secure cc has a $0 balance.  I've been using it monthly just to show payment history, but using 10-30% utilization each month.  I have had it for 3-4 years now, but mismanaged it in the past.  So, now I'm trying to rebuild good payment and utilization history.

Also, I wanted to add that I got approval for the Cap 1 QS card.  If I apply for another one, what type of Cap 1 card should I apply for?

I would suggest apping for the Platinum card. You can later upgrade it to QS card. You may have to close the secured account first. They have told me a couple times now that I'm limited to two accounts.

You would also be a good candidate for the Barclays Reward card.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I will try these steps.  I will give it a couple of months before applying, because I don't want to keep having my credit ran.  I'm concern that my score will go down.  Also, I want to wait for some of these items to fall of my report within the next 30 days and see if my score increases.  I will keep you posted.  I really appreciate your suggestions.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, nice job. I'm struggling to make any gains the last few months, even tho I have done nothing wrong. FICO just seems weird and unpredictable sometimes. I can see you should be in the 600 club before the end of the year!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hammer, whats your current situation?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NormanFH, so I didn't want to apply for the Capital 1 Platinum unsecure, but today I decided to apply to a Navy Federal nrewards Visa card. I was approved for a $10K credit limit. OMG, this is my largest credit card. I just wanted to thank you again for sharing information with me.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.