Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to myFICO, have some questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to myFICO, have some questions.

Hi all.

Longtime lurker here, and just today took the plunge to set up an account.  Quick summary for you guys:

Filed CH7 07/2017

Discharged 11/2017

In BK I burned BMW FS, Cap1(2 accounts totalling $1,800), Fingerhut, and a few others.

After my 341 I was sitting around a 535TU, I was prequalified for CreditOne Visa with a $300 CL, not even 2 statements had passed and they bumped me to $450. I remain there now.
Shortly after, applied and was approved for 1st Premier with a $500 CL
Late November, was prequalified for DiscoverIT Secured, currently have a $500 limit.

Since then I've kept statement balances at or below 35% of total available credit.  About 10 days ago I was prequalified for Cap1 Auto financing, and since I was in need of a vehicle jumped at the opportunity.  I purchased a 2008 MY vehicle on a 60mo term and was given a rate of 16.9%.  At the time of pull, my TU was showing a 635.  YAY.

Anyhow, through this process, I had been looking at my reports and noticed that I of course had my BK showing discharged, but in addition there was one more "negative" showing,  a collections account from AFNI that I had paid back in early 2014.  I've gathered from lurking that I may have a chance at getting this removed from my bureaus.  Does anyone have contact info for the relevant people at AFNI that I could send a letter/email to?

In addition to that, having burned Cap1 previously I was surprised they were willing to extend auto financing to me, especially since I had been auto-denied for even a Cap1 secured card in December due to "too many past delinquencies" or something along those lines.  I didn't even have a HP show up on any of the 3 bureaus. 

Is this a situation where I'm blacklisted on CC's but, not on a car loan?  It would surprise me if there was any differentiation between the two.  I appreciate any insight you all may have.

EDIT: Got itchy fingers and applied for a QuicksilverOne.  Instant approval with a $1000 CL Smiley Very Happy  I guess that answers my last question, it appears they've officially let me back in less than 3 months post discharge.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to myFICO, have some questions.

I've actally got a few addresses for AFNI since I'm disputing an old AT&T charge from 2010. These are all ones I've pulled from stuff they've sent us, but there's a ton more if you do a bit of Googling. And even if they're technically to the wrong department they might forward them to the right people. 

PO Box 3427

Bloomington, IL 61702

PO Box 3517

Bloomington, IL 61702

PO Box 3097

Bloomington, IL 61702

PO Box 4115

Concord, CA 94524

Message 2 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

I could be wrong, but I though the point of BK was it wiped everything off.  Shouldn't you just be able to dispute with the CRAs and show that you filed bankruptcy after 2014, so it should not be allowed on your report?

Sorry if Im wrong.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy does not remove previous negatives. They can still be reported. OP might be able to get a goodwill removal.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, BK does not remove previous negatives.  Found that out the hard way, however, things are definitely on the up & up.  Thanks for that contact info!  I'll definitely be putting it to good use.

Anyone have any eMail contact info as well?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww341/nckynrmn/AFNI%20Letter_zpsxekufdon.png

UPDATE:

Received this email this afternoon from AFNI, I'M HOME FREE.  Don't know what I would have done without this board.  You guys are awesome!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.