cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to posting and hoping to find insight.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to posting and hoping to find insight.

Hello everyone. I've been following you here for a while, but just now deciding to post.

Had decent credit prior to my appendix trying to kill me in 2014 THE ONE MONTH I DIDN'T HAVE INSURANCE. All the collections form that tanked me to mid to low 500s all the way around. I've steadily made payments and finally bit the bullet about 3 months ago and got a Cap One card. Started with a 300 CL. I have paid and removed most of the collections (there were 9 to begin with... I was out of work and the hospital didn't care... 😑) I have it down to the 3 that I'm still paying on. 2 are below $1000 and the actual hospital Bill is around $9000.

Downside... I got up to a EX 650, and needed a new vehicle. So I bought one last June. Well I changed jobs in January and needed something with better gas mileage so I had to do it all again.

Following some things I read on here, I went to my Credit union and while I was there I checked out their credit cards. They approved me for a $3000CL based on a EQ of 649. It's a decent card. No Annual fee and 1.5% cash back. Intro APR of 3.2 and after 6 months goes you 13.2. Same day I also requested a CLI for my cap1. Went from 300 to 400 after 2 statements. So I can't complain.
Tried to hit up discover and chase, but with the inquires from auto purchases x2 it looks bad. And I was declined. Thinking of attempting to have my grandma (with stellar utilization and payment history) add me as an AU on one of her cards to help my AAOA. I would like to refinance my truck after a year. I would save me IMMENSELY on interest.

Yall think it's possible to go from where I am now, step into the garden, for 6 months to a year and come out 700+. Or should I try for a lowes card first?

CK TU 647
BANK PULLED EQ 649
EXP. APP 642

THANKS
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to posting and hoping to find insight.

ALSO. All 3 of the collections are from the same hospital stay, but one of them got reported a year later than the others... wouldn't the original day of delinquency be the same as the other 2 for purposes of aging off?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.