Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to rebuilding-what do you think about this plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to rebuilding-what do you think about this plan

I want to apply for a gas card that's not synchrony backed (so maybe a citi/shell) and a card that is more premium than what i have now (my current cards are listed below and mostly subprime). I am paying down my utilization amount right now. My last HP was in Jan 2015. And my BK was discharged in 8/13. So if i want to wait "six months" out from my HP-is that 7/2015? Also, does my BK count has two years out in August, or when August is done, thus September? I think my best chance at 2 better cards is September 2015. Also by then my util will be less than 10%. 

Currently:

Cap 1x2

Merrick

CareCredit x2

CFNA/Bridgestone

Phillps/Synchrony  300.00 credit limit on a gas card-What's the point!

Credit One

thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New to rebuilding-what do you think about this plan

Are you looking at applying for a secured bank card?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so, since none of the cards i have are secured. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for a gas card that's not synchrony backed (so maybe a citi/shell) and a card that is more premium than what i have now (my current cards are listed below and mostly subprime). I am paying down my utilization amount right now. My last HP was in Jan 2015. And my BK was discharged in 8/13. So if i want to wait "six months" out from my HP-is that 7/2015? Yes Also, does my BK count has two years out in August, or when August is done, thus September? With BKs they are usually counted in years from the filing date I think my best chance at 2 better cards is September 2015. Also by then my util will be less than 10%. I would have that 10% util on 1 card and not spread out, ultimately when you are apping you want only 1 card with less than 10% showing a balance at the CRA. I dont see that a secured bankcard would be necessary at this point.

Currently:

Cap 1x2

Merrick

CareCredit x2

CFNA/Bridgestone

Phillps/Synchrony  300.00 credit limit on a gas card-What's the point!

Credit One

thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.