Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Forums

tag
BadtoBetter
New Visitor

New to the Forums

Hi all I have been lurking on this forum for a while and I need to help, please don't laugh!  I just pulled my reports and am sitting in the high 500s but have a ton of collections.  I am wondering, should I DV all of these?  I think a lot of them are collections, can I settle for less and use the HIPPA method? Any help is much appreciated!

Cavalry $862

CMRE Financial $396 x 2

CMRE Financial $618

IC System $146

IC System $1089

NAtional Recovery $156

NCC Business $1500 (don't think this is mine?!)

Receivables Performance: $682

RJM ACO $134

SA-VIT $160

Certified Credit $700, $388, $2059

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New to the Forums

For medical use the HIPAA process just Google it and contact the creator of the program it cant be discussed on this board. On the ones that are not medical related I would only DV them if they are past your states SOL unless you are prepared to PIF each one that you contact.

Message 2 of 7
BadtoBetter
New Visitor

I understand.  So with the HIPPA method, does one generally pay the sum?  Also if I do not DV them should I contact them for settlement or simply dispute them if they are wrong?  How do I findout who is collecting what?  Thanks for all the help!

Message 3 of 7
BadtoBetter
New Visitor

I am trying to figure out who the OC is on these collections and if they are even mine, how do I find that out? Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

RPM will pay for delete, and you can split the payments for something more affordable. At first they say no and keep saying no, but I was persistent.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 7
BadtoBetter
New Visitor

They say that I have a ton of collections which I listed.  I am hoping to tackle newest first and work my way back.  Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.