Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the board....questions.

tag
armywifelong
Established Member

New to the board....questions.

Hi,

I am in repair mode.  After two ugly divorces, both of our scores were in the low 400's, but proud to say now that we have exp scores of 587 and 598.  It has taken about a year, and can still do tons of improving by paying off our credit cards, sometime within the next month.  My question is that my  husband has two collections that were last reported in Jan. 2008, and they were paid in full at that time, almost three years ago.  Is there any way to have these two removed because I know that would cause a jump in his score, but not really sure how to go about it. 

Thank you in advance for the help!

Lacey

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to the board....questions.

Are these medical collections? If so google "hippa process" and go from there. I have had awesome luck going that route. Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You can get free reports each year from each CRA at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp  It is better to know what is on each report as not all creditors report to the same CRAs.

The only scores that matter to the creditor are FICO scores.  The consumer can only purchase their EQ and TU scores.  EX has not been available for a while.  Only a creditor/lender can get those.

I know you did not ask for the above information but it will help you.

Follow the links in my signature block.  Lots of information.

Once a debt is paid the only recourse you have is a GW letter.  You can search on the forums for one.

Message 3 of 5
armywifelong
Established Member

Thank you both for the information.  The other question I have is that it doesnt actually name the collection agency, it has a weird number, so I have no idea how to contact them.  This is on my experian, btw.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The code means you got the report from a 3rd party.  They do this a lot.  That is why I suggested getting all three reports from the CRAs.  They will be more up to date and much more detailed than the other one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.