cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the boards!!! (HELLO FORM TEXAS)

tag
StarsFan

New to the boards!!! (HELLO FORM TEXAS)

Well folks, what can I say...I have been clicking through these forms for a while and finaly decided to start an account and jump into the discussions. I have been slowly coming back from a disastorus train wreck of a credit file and I think lastnight I may have went off the deep end. ;-)

I had actualy started making some small gains in my score but what I was lacking was any good credit accounts on my file. I eventualy got a small 100.00 cash loan just to get something possitive reporting to my credit. Paid it on time over 4 months, and took out another at 150.00 and paid it on time over 4 months and took out another 200.00 and again paid on time and now paying off 250.00. This has been a steady stream of possitive marks on my credit...but it is such a low amount and a single account that it isnt helping much (but it is helping). In the mean time...as my score got better I decided to apply for a subprime first premier card (and got it). Then, for some reason I felt encouraged to make a few more applications. I applied at Walmart and recieved a 400.00 shopping card! I was excited, so I moved on to Amazon and got a 600.00 amazon card! Wow...I was encouraged so I kept going. and well, that is what may have gotten me in trouble. 8 pulls (and denials) later...I called all the backdoors I could find today to no avail (it was pretty brutal and depressing!) And now, for the first time I am reading about this "Shopping Cart Trick" Although, I believe I have "opted out" a while back. I tried a few but got nothing...and because I know I no longer get any advertising or preapproval letters for cards...I MUST have opted out. How does one opt back in? How long does it take? A link would be appreciated! ;-)

Thank you kindly,

Steve  ;-)

9/25/12 - EX: 524 - TU: 515 - EQ: 521 FAKO
Current - EX: 627 - TU: 600 - EQ: 572 FAKO
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonnamus

Re: New to the boards!!! (HELLO FORM TEXAS)

Hi! Here is the link!

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

I'm assuming it might take 7-10 business days?
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum

IMHO stop now 

You have enough TL's to start a recovery process any more new TL's will set you further back because of all those INQ's.

INQ dings will last 6 months....They have no effect on Fico scoring after 1 year ...But remain on CR's for 2 years

Use the cards you have now for the next 6-12 months while working on any baddies on your CR's

(1) During that time use the cards for daily spending 

(2) Pay all cards to $0 except one...Leave a balance on that one between 1-9% this will help build your scores 

(3) Garden for 6-12 months with no new apps

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
StarsFan

Hey Thanks for the  replies and the link! Much appreciated. At some point when I have a chance to sit down with my reports, I will start a thread and outline exactly what is on them and go through the process of documenting for others on the boards my successes. I have come a long way in a pretty short period of time...but I still have some miles left in front of me. All in all, it has been a fun and exciting process.

;-)

Now, if I could just figure out how to add those little credit card images to my posts showing the cards I have, life would be grand! lol  ;-)

Thanks,

Steve

9/25/12 - EX: 524 - TU: 515 - EQ: 521 FAKO
Current - EX: 627 - TU: 600 - EQ: 572 FAKO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.