Valued Member
wilsoga1

New to the boards

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the boards and wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on here.  After reading through a few threads, I put together some GW letters to send out.  My fingers are crossed that I can have some of the negative info on my CR removed. 

My current score according to Equifax is 555  :smileysad:

There are currently 7 negative items on my CR, but they have all been paid off.

I am no longer in debt, just trying to remove the negative hits.   I am determined to raise my score so I may purchase my first home!

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 675 3/28/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Re: New to the boards

Welcome to the Forums and good luck with your GW requests !!

That's great that you have paid things off ~ hopefully you can garden your existing accounts and have success cleaning up your reports ~ keep at it and definately keep us posted !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
honky

Patience! It took a long time for all my baddies to fall off(still have 3) and I couldnt get credit to save my life during that time. Everyone will recomend a secured card and keep the balance 1-9% util. Let it age and wait for your GWs to work. Hopefully you can get a couple to fall off! |Good luck.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

honky wrote:

Patience! It took a long time for all my baddies to fall off(still have 3) and I couldnt get credit to save my life during that time. Everyone will recomend a secured card and keep the balance 1-9% util. Let it age and wait for your GWs to work. Hopefully you can get a couple to fall off! |Good luck.

^^^this

Valued Member
wilsoga1

Thank you, everyone!  Just to update...I did get some responses from the GWs I sent out, but only 1 thing has fallen off.  

Something really strange has happened...I've also initiated disputes through Equifax online, and 2 more items showed up as negative on my CR!!  They are both old, paid off debts.  Is this normal??

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 675 3/28/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+