Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the boards

tag
wilsoga1
Valued Member

New to the boards

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the boards and wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on here.  After reading through a few threads, I put together some GW letters to send out.  My fingers are crossed that I can have some of the negative info on my CR removed. 

My current score according to Equifax is 555  Smiley Sad

There are currently 7 negative items on my CR, but they have all been paid off.

I am no longer in debt, just trying to remove the negative hits.   I am determined to raise my score so I may purchase my first home!

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: New to the boards

Welcome to the Forums and good luck with your GW requests !!

That's great that you have paid things off ~ hopefully you can garden your existing accounts and have success cleaning up your reports ~ keep at it and definately keep us posted !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
honky
Regular Contributor

Patience! It took a long time for all my baddies to fall off(still have 3) and I couldnt get credit to save my life during that time. Everyone will recomend a secured card and keep the balance 1-9% util. Let it age and wait for your GWs to work. Hopefully you can get a couple to fall off! |Good luck.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 3 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@honky wrote:

Patience! It took a long time for all my baddies to fall off(still have 3) and I couldnt get credit to save my life during that time. Everyone will recomend a secured card and keep the balance 1-9% util. Let it age and wait for your GWs to work. Hopefully you can get a couple to fall off! |Good luck.

^^^this

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 5
wilsoga1
Valued Member

Thank you, everyone!  Just to update...I did get some responses from the GWs I sent out, but only 1 thing has fallen off.  

Something really strange has happened...I've also initiated disputes through Equifax online, and 2 more items showed up as negative on my CR!!  They are both old, paid off debts.  Is this normal??

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.