Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum - Need some advice

tag
Sean28
Valued Member

New to the forum - Need some advice

Hi all,

Let me first say that I've learned so much by reading the forums over the past 2 weeks or so. I am currently rebuilding my credit and purchased the quarterly monitoring from MyFico so I can better keep track of my progress. Llecs, Barry, etc.. you guys are genies in a bottle!! My goal is 700 in 1 1/2 years. I'm currently at 625 with TU.  I made some major mistakes (repo, judgement, collections) in my youth and have been paying for them ever since. I was hoping for some direction and advice.

1) I have one collection (dofd 6/06 paid 8/09) and one public record (date filed 10/05). The public record is for $4000.00 and because of the age, I'll just bite the bullet on this one and wait for it to drop off. My TU reports for my collection says AllianceOne , I called them and they had no record of me. I callled the OC (Columbia Gas of PA) and said they now show CBCS now owns the debt. I stupidly paid them before asking for PFD. I sent a GW for a removal the other day and crossing my fingers they oblige. Should I be concerned TU reports as Alliance One?

2) I'm trying to increase my CL to speed up lowering my util while paying my debt down of course. Currently have 2 Orchard Bank cards (combined CL of % 1,100). I've been a cardholder since 2006 and they have always been stingy with their CLI. I have a Jared card with a $5000 CL. I called for a CLI and said I have to come in store for that request. Anyone ever hear of that before? Should i say I want to make a major purchase? I got married last year and bought the rings there. I currently have 2240 balance on my card. Should i say the marriage didnt' work and need another ring? lol

3) My monitoring tab shows 3 negative items but only have 1 collection and 1 public record. Should i be concerned?

4) I have one 30 day late payment 2 1/2 years ago and it says its "a recently missed payment" How is that so? its listed 4th on my negative impact side so figured it can't be hurting me that much. I spoke with a rep (via backdoor#) and was told they are only obligated to report last 2 years and he couldn't help me. I sent a GW to see if they can remove that.

Sorry for the lenghy post, Any help is appreciated!!

TU 625

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do" -- John Wooden

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: New to the forum - Need some advice

Hi,

Welcome to the forums

I don't understand who you are talking about in questions 3 & 4.

1) Since you don't owe Alliance One, I believe you would send them a DV letter.

2) Just ask for a CLI, no explanation needed.

3) If it were me, I'd be concern.

4) 30day with who?  You can used the search box, and type in GW and name of company, to see if other posters had good luck with that company.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.