Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum need some help with a collection agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the forum need some help with a collection agency

Hi everyone im 31 and im trying to repair my credit and i dont know where to start. In 2010 i lost my job and defaulted on 3 accounts my sprint pcs phone $1200 4yrs old, and 2 bank of america credit cards one for 7k and one for 4k 4yrs old. As of today my current score is equi657 trans 646 exp 638. the 2 bank of americas cards with portfolio recovery are showing in collection on all 3 reports from sept 2012 they never call me and i dont get nothin in the mail from them. well thats not ture i get like 1 letter every 6 to 8 months from them and thats it.  my sprint pcs with enhanced recovery  from my understanding has been charged off in 2013 but it is still showing on 2 of the 3 creditors. i also have a $90 dish network collection with stellar recovery which i want to settle with. question 1 if i settle with stellar recovery for the $90 what do after i pay them to get it removed?  question 2 how to i get the sprint removed from enhanced recovery remove if its been charged off? 3 and last question is there any way i can do anything with Portfolio Recovery the people who took over the bank of america account this account is about 5yrs old? Any advice would be greatly appriciated im looking forward to this new start and trying to never let this happen again.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: New to the forum need some help with a collection agency

Hello.
First questions:"my sprint pcs with enhanced recovery from my understanding has been charged off in 2013 but it is still showing on 2 of the 3 creditors" - you mean you defaulted in 2013 on your account ?
What is SOL in your state? If it's already passed then send DV to Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio and Stellar. If they validate then you should offer PFD.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i defaulted with sprint in 2010 but that it shows on my credit report assinged 02/2012 by enhanced recovery. This is my second day here on the forum and i dont really know to much when it comes to credit terms. Im trying to familiarize my self browsing around the forum. I live in florida so im not to sure what the SOL is here. any input would be great. 

Message 3 of 6
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Send each Collection Agency a Debt Validation letter. See if they actually have the debt

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The statute of limitations on debt in Florida puts a time limit on the amount of time you can be sued for a debt.

Oral Contract: 4 years

Written Contract: 5 years

Promissory Note:: 5 years

Open Ended Accounts: 4 years

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SOL will be from your DOFD mot the date the collections show. If any of these, especially the large amount collections, do fall within the SOL be careful that you may wake up sleeping giants. DV/PFD would be the way to go if at all possible. Check the OC to see if they actually sold the debts or if there is any way to pay the OC. Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.