Established Member
coachcb

New unpaid medical bills. Help!

[ Edited ]

Hi coachcb,

I've split off your post to start a new thread. All I changed is the title. If you want to change it to something else click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

I have been away for a couple of years.  Got a great mortgage, built a house.  I have recently let two small medical bills go into collections.  One for $89 and the other under $200.  Just plain stupid and I would like to strategize but I could just pay them.  I want to know what advise I can get to keep them from dinging my credit report.  I have read the board but do not know what to do when I actually owe them and want to pay them off.  Advise.  Thanks so much.

New Contributor
PRC

Re: Elated with a built up score of 809! New unpaid medical bills. Help!

Are they on your credit report now?  I have been receiving several medical collection notices myself; however, they're not on my credit report and when I call and pay within the 30 days I always ask will this appear on my credit report, they say no and it doesn't.

coachcb wrote:

I have been away for a couple of years.  Got a great mortgage, built a house.  I have recently let two small medical bills go into collections.  One for $89 and the other under $200.  Just plain stupid and I would like to strategize but I could just pay them.  I want to know what advise I can get to keep them from dinging my credit report.  I have read the board but do not know what to do when I actually owe them and want to pay them off.  Advise.  Thanks so much.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}