cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(New update 7/7/13.. score jumped from 587 to 726)

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Help

@CrazyInside wrote:

@swtneka wrote:

Is that a fako score? Either way that is wonderful especially w/ no credit. I wish I could wake up to that

It's from the USAA credit monitoring thing I have.. does myfico offer a credit monitoring with scores/alerts? The USAA one is 12 bucks a month but if myfico has on that is better I will def switch to it

USAA has a great credit monitoring service to check all three credit reports.  myFICO doesn't have anything like that, but you can purchase FICO scores here.  The Score Watch is a great way to monitor your EQ FICO scores, but it is not a replacement for what you get a USAA.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 30
J-H

Re: Credit Repair Help

The USAA credit monitoring service is a PLUS score iirc.  Although for me personally, its always been lower than my actual fico scores for Eq and TU.

If you are eligible for NFCU, you might try and apply for a card through them.  They are much more forgiving of those with past credit issues, like myself! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 589 TU: 615 EX: ? (7/5/2013)
Current Score: EQ: 589 TU: 615 EX: ? (7/5/2013)
Goal Score: 660 All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: (New update 7/7/13.. score jumped from 587 to 726)

Well done! I agree if you are eligible for NFCU, I'd definitely join and app.
Message 13 of 30
CrazyInside

Okay thanks ill have to look up what nfcu is when I get off work.

If my fico are lower then usaa it still beats being at 587 two months ago :-D
Message 14 of 30
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

NFCU is Navy Federal Credit Union.
Message 15 of 30
shols44
Frequent Contributor

i think its time to put that score bump to work and get yourself a shiny CC or two. With no current or past CCs I think you could try for discover, or recon your barclays. If these are no go, a secured card or two can really get you rolling. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 16 of 30
CrazyInside

@shols44 wrote:

i think its time to put that score bump to work and get yourself a shiny CC or two. With no current or past CCs I think you could try for discover, or recon your barclays. If these are no go, a secured card or two can really get you rolling. 

I would like to get a credit card that has cash back on gas.. and then just pay it every month. What would be a good one for that? I've never had a credit card before so i'm not sure what to look for. Hopefully I will get accepted for one, I did have an auto loan for 3 1/2 years that I was never late on and payed the car off so hopefully that will get me accepted

Message 17 of 30
shols44
Frequent Contributor

I think your major problem (other than the collection) is that you have absolutely no current or past revolving credit. This means your initial card options could be limited. I don't know that you can get too specific right now. Amex Bluecash, Chase Freedom are good gas cards. Discover it is currently giving 5% cash back on gas this quater. 

If I were you, I'd most likely apply for the Discover It. I don't know if Amex and Chase are likely to approve you for your first credit cards. You are probably a lock for a capital one card and I'm almost certain that discover will approve with a 700ish fico. Don't forget though, you still don't know what your actual FICO scores are. Were just assuming that they will be close to your USAA FAKOs. I think you should do yourself a solid and invest a few bucks in knowing your scores. This could save you some anguish. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 18 of 30
CrazyInside

@shols44 wrote:

I think your major problem (other than the collection) is that you have absolutely no current or past revolving credit. This means your initial card options could be limited. I don't know that you can get too specific right now. Amex Bluecash, Chase Freedom are good gas cards. Discover it is currently giving 5% cash back on gas this quater. 

If I were you, I'd most likely apply for the Discover It. I don't know if Amex and Chase are likely to approve you for your first credit cards. You are probably a lock for a capital one card and I'm almost certain that discover will approve with a 700ish fico. Don't forget though, you still don't know what your actual FICO scores are. Were just assuming that they will be close to your USAA FAKOs. I think you should do yourself a solid and invest a few bucks in knowing your scores. This could save you some anguish. 

Well just for the hell of it I filled out the discover card app. It got declined, guess no credit cards are no good for them. That will probably be a hard inquire so I won't try for a different card tell next month. I don't know how many inquires you can have but that is my first one that will be on my report. Also next month i'll pay to see myfico score and see if usaa is just yanking my chain and my score is still in the 500's lol

Message 19 of 30
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@CrazyInside wrote:

@shols44 wrote:

Well just for the hell of it I filled out the discover card app. It got declined, guess no credit cards are no good for them. That will probably be a hard inquire so I won't try for a different card tell next month. I don't know how many inquires you can have but that is my first one that will be on my report. Also next month i'll pay to see myfico score and see if usaa is just yanking my chain and my score is still in the 500's lol

An approval is based on more than just a FICO score.  It is unlikely that a prime lender is going to risk being the first revolving tradeline.  You need a starter card, maybe a student card or something else directed toward people with not much history.  If that fails, try for a secured.   One inq is not going to prevent an approval.  You should be looking at other options now.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.