cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New with question

tag

New with question

I am trying to apply for a mtg and close around Aug/September. 

APPLIED BANK (I am finding out is also Cross Country Bank) is the hold-up. 

Since 1999, when I closed all credit accounts, i Have never opened another. Somehwere in 2006 *around August*, an account popped up. I got a "statement" but knew I had never even applied for a card much less took one. I called the bank and they asked for my info. I gave them the info (yes I know dumb, but didn't know at the time what they'd do with it). The guy says "ma'am I don't have that ssn on file". The name was also misspelled on the "statement".  I said "OK, good  so can you make sure nothing else comes to this addr?" The guy proceeds to CORRECT the SSN # and name! **bleep**!!!! They can't do that, right? So when he tells me he's going to do this, I decide that it's sneaky and call our local PD and filed a police report. (This was sometime 9.2006).  The police can't do much because no one knows who actually opened the card and some other reasons I can't remember now. I filled out and mailed several (I MEAN A LOT) fraud affidavits, even faxed a couple! The idiots either "didn't receive" or wanted more info. So, I sent one more nasty letter and told them to never contact me again about this debt unless it was proof of signatures. They said that I "had to have opened by phone" Who gets a credit card BY PHONE? Don't you have to sign stuff? I mean REALLY?  I have never ever heard of credit cards being approved by telephone in my life, but again, I really never owned one from 1999 til this year when the mortgage co tells me I need to get SOME credit established. (So I went secured and had to sign a bunch of stuff---NOT over the phone) All they wanted to do was argue with me and no one would help. I even got hung up on many times (never even cursed at them or ANYTHING; they just didn' t want to help). 

Here is the problem TODAY: SOL is over and was last year, but it doesn't fall off credit till Aug/Sept (depending on which report). 

At the time $400 was the allegedly owed balance. Now it's $1100 on my credit report! I don't know and don't care who opened it, I just want it off my report at this point in time. Because the SOL is over, all of the sudden all the items I sent are not on record as "we only have to keep records for (insert whatever # of years depending on who you talk to here). So I call the PD and THEY don't have records either, same reason of time limits. MY records were ruined during a flood so I cannot access them either. SO, what do I do? 

I do not necessarily want to contact these idiots because # 1 they are not going to be able to help me #2 they don't WANT to help me #3 I don't want the clock to start over when we are SO close to getting this fraudulent item to fall off my credit report; at the same time, I  do need a clean credit report!  

Should I just let it fall off in Aug/September (which is what my credit report reflects as time to be deleted) or should I re-file with police dept and start a dispute? I don't know what to do, I just want it off.  Any ideas would be helpful. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: New with question

Being that close to closing I would just pay it and get an consumer attorney involved.

Message 2 of 4
qd
Regular Contributor

I wonder if you could file a new police report and sent that to CRA and have it removed.

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Police report and filing identity theft will block the TL from being viewed until the investigation is completed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.