Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb on the journey to credit worthiness

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newb on the journey to credit worthiness

Hey guys so I'm down in a hole and looking to climb out I'm using this as kind of a introduction to me as I'm a new member and if anyone has and pointers I'd love to hear them. I've started reading some of the threads and am going to continue reading them before I make any calls or send anymore letters. Ok my journey started a few months ago ~october15 when a guy that works with me told me about credit education services basically a credit repair company that you pay 500$ to and they write letters and you sign and mail them.  I jumped on that pyramid and well now I'm here doing it on my own because I think it isn't worth it and I can do it without them. I have idt911 it's a identity monitoring company that runs my credit report yearly for me and I'm getting another one that runs monthly I used to have one from Usaa but I've heard good about credit karma. I did the my annual credit report for now and it only gave me experian the other two wouldn't authenticate me online I think it had to do with the server I'm on "overseas-AFG" but from the experian I can see enough to start what I need to do. I'm gonna list my discrepancies and actions I think I need to take. 

American honda finance - opened '12 last reported '14

closed nov/14. April 90 May 60 June 60 July 30 January 30 December13 30

im not sure what to do with this account. 

Capital One - opened '10 last reported '11

closed August/11. 90 July 60 June 30 May 60 February 30 January 

Thinking just call a lot  and ask to have it removed.  

Credence resorce managment - phone bill the ex wife stuck me with after our divorce when she vacationed in the mikinos.....

collection as of November/15 

i haven't received anything in the mail nor calls or emails from this company but I'm thinking pay for removal. 

Credit one bank - opened '12 last reported December '15

collections November14 180 October 

this is also on my report from the collector "midland funding" as a collection account. Has been reporting as collection since may15

not sure on this because of how its on there twice.  

Kay jewelry - opened '08 last reported '11

closed sep11 collections August11 150 late July11

thinkinh I should leave alone because it's old?

Regional acceptance corp - opened '13 last reported December '15

status : account charged off $21,271 written off. Past due $5,017 as of December 15

Several 30 days Late and a few 90  one 120. 

I still have the car I've tried telling them to come get it and where it is but they don't come get it they just call family and friends asking about it.  Not sure what to do on this. 

harley Davidson - never late paid off account in good standing. 

and there's two medical accounts in collection on my report totaling ~$350 so I'm thinking pay for removal on those. 

Any any thoughts tips or advice will be appreciated and I'll keep this updated as my journey continues.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newb on the journey to credit worthiness

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys so I'm down in a hole and looking to climb out I'm using this as kind of a introduction to me as I'm a new member and if anyone has and pointers I'd love to hear them. I've started reading some of the threads and am going to continue reading them before I make any calls or send anymore letters. Ok my journey started a few months ago ~october15 when a guy that works with me told me about credit education services basically a credit repair company that you pay 500$ to and they write letters and you sign and mail them.  I jumped on that pyramid and well now I'm here doing it on my own because I think it isn't worth it and I can do it without them. I have idt911 it's a identity monitoring company that runs my credit report yearly for me and I'm getting another one that runs monthly I used to have one from Usaa but I've heard good about credit karma. I did the my annual credit report for now and it only gave me experian the other two wouldn't authenticate me online I think it had to do with the server I'm on "overseas-AFG" but from the experian I can see enough to start what I need to do. I'm gonna list my discrepancies and actions I think I need to take. 

American honda finance - opened '12 last reported '14

closed nov/14. April 90 May 60 June 60 July 30 January 30 December13 30

im not sure what to do with this account.   Gw letter campaign asking for removal of the lates

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Capital One - opened '10 last reported '11

closed August/11. 90 July 60 June 30 May 60 February 30 January 

Thinking just call a lot  and ask to have it removed.  Gw letter campaign asking for removal of the lates, Its going to be tough with them the older since DoFD the better.

Credence resorce managment - phone bill the ex wife stuck me with after our divorce when she vacationed in the mikinos.....

collection as of November/15 

i haven't received anything in the mail nor calls or emails from this company but I'm thinking pay for removal.  Offer your PFD

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Credit one bank - opened '12 last reported December '15

collections November14 180 October 

this is also on my report from the collector "midland funding" as a collection account. Has been reporting as collection since may15

not sure on this because of how its on there twice.  Try to get the bank to recall the debt in exchange for full payment this will take care of the CA if they will do it. If they refuse you are going to have a bear of a time getting a PFD out of Midland it just doesnt happen very often. Be mindful of contacting anyone still inside states SOL if you dont have the funds to settle.

Kay jewelry - opened '08 last reported '11

closed sep11 collections August11 150 late July11

thinkinh I should leave alone because it's old?  Open date isnt what makes it old when it becomes a derog the DoFD does and from what you posted here its most likely in 2011. If its not updating then I would only settle if they will give you a PFD.

Regional acceptance corp - opened '13 last reported December '15

status : account charged off $21,271 written off. Past due $5,017 as of December 15

Several 30 days Late and a few 90  one 120. 

I still have the car I've tried telling them to come get it and where it is but they don't come get it they just call family and friends asking about it.  Not sure what to do on this. Call and ask where to deliver the car if you have no intention of keeping it, voluntary repo is slightly better than them coming for it then leave them alone until you have funds to settle they might decide to just sue you for the difference after they sell the car at auction. I would really try to make deal to keep car and avoid all the big headaches.

harley Davidson - never late paid off account in good standing. leave alone

and there's two medical accounts in collection on my report totaling ~$350 so I'm thinking pay for removal on those. 

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Any any thoughts tips or advice will be appreciated and I'll keep this updated as my journey continues.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the advice! I started writing my GW letters today and was curious if emailing them is better than snail mail? Also I opened a USAA secured CC $500 and a Vystar personal loan that's also secured and $500 hoped that having different types of credit would help instead of two CC. 

Message 3 of 6
cp94550
Regular Contributor

I had success by sending GW through multiple methods. Email, online chat, web contact us form, snail mail. I sent at least 20 letters to Cap1 and HSBC, receiving denials, and then one day they both just disappeared from my reports.

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok thanks for the advice! I started writing my GW letters today and was curious if emailing them is better than snail mail? Also I opened a USAA secured CC $500 and a Vystar personal loan that's also secured and $500 hoped that having different types of credit would help instead of two CC. 

The personal loan will help with mix of credit, you only need one open installment loan for this. You still need 3 revolving CCs to drive your Fico. I might get 1 more secured card poss Open Sky (no credit HP from what I understand to open) and after you have 3 months reporting on one of them see what the Cap-1 prequal gives you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I will look into the open sky 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.