Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie!!!1

tag
jeffgucci
Valued Member

Newbie!!!1

Okay so I'm here, after some tech diff, so excited after reading all the post and info here...got my FICO today 594 (better than i thought) but not where I wanna be....here are the details

1st the bad.... CA from 2005 paid $0 balance...... Already sent a GW to delete 1/14/2011

Judgement  2008(state tax lien) $1700 i have been paying theme $120 per mnth, should be done by 6/2011.....

Credit One Bank CO  2005  - I paid CA in 2007 now reporting "sold to another lender"  with a  zero balance.....

BOA CO 1/2010 - bal $360 ( resulted from a fee dispute, but the joke was on me for not paying) CA not reporting but called me last week with sttl offer

Target - opened in 2003 last 36 months great hist...got hit with a 30 day marker in 11/2010

Toyoyta - opened in 2007,  4x30 day markers,  last one 11/2010 the one prior was 6/2009

wheh! now the start of the rebuild.......Citi Secured loan - $1000/12 month.....opened 11/2010 - paying a agreed

First Premier Visa - $300 CL - opened 1/2011 - paying as agreed

other accounts that are closed but are listed as satisfactory

Zales - closed, $0 balance, paid as agreed

Macy's - closed, $0 balance, paid as agreed

So i throw myself on the mercy of the court, and ask ' Where do I start" any suggestions

Starting Score: 594 11/2010
Current Score: 5/14/2014 My Fico EX 675 TU 651 EQ 665
Goal Score: 850 (I'm coming)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newbie!!!1

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

2005 CA - on target with the GW. Wait it out.

PR - keep paying as agreed.

Credit One - send a GW either asking them to delete (if newer in age) or to remove any lates or negative comments (if older).

BofA - Try some PFDs. If those don't work, then PIF and send GWs. I'd ignore the CA and avoid them for the moment. They won't report for as long as BofA reports a balance.

Target - send a GW.

Toyota - send a GW.

Keep paying your CCs. Your mix of credit is fine at this point. Adding anything new won't help your scores.  Focus on gardening what you have and as you wrap up repair, then consider replacing First Premier at a later date. Vow not to be late ever again on any account. A new 30 day can ding you up to 50+ per FICO.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

1st the bad.... CA from 2005 paid $0 balance...... Already sent a GW to delete 1/14/2011

Judgement  2008(state tax lien) $1700 i have been paying theme $120 per mnth, should be done by 6/2011.....

Credit One Bank CO  2005  - I paid CA in 2007 now reporting "sold to another lender"  with a  zero balance.....

BOA CO 1/2010 - bal $360 ( resulted from a fee dispute, but the joke was on me for not paying) CA not reporting but called me last week with sttl offer

Target - opened in 2003 last 36 months great hist...got hit with a 30 day marker in 11/2010

Toyoyta - opened in 2007,  4x30 day markers,  last one 11/2010 the one prior was 6/2009

wheh! now the start of the rebuild.......Citi Secured loan - $1000/12 month.....opened 11/2010 - paying a agreed

​                 First Premier Visa - $300 CL - opened 1/2011 - paying as agreed

Hi, Jeff

Credit score improvement starts at one place.

A complete listing, by month/year and level of severity of each and every derog in your CR.  View your CR in terms of derogs, not accounts.

Focus first on the monthly delinquencies reported on each of your OC accounts.  Just add 7 years to the date of occurance of each monthly delinquency, and that tells you when that individual delininquency will cease to be included in your CR under FCRA 605(a)(5)  Prioritize those monthly delinquencies based on how new they are, and of course, their level of severity (e.g., 30/60/90+ days late).  tells you where to priortize your GW or PFD offers.

Then focus on your reported charge-offs and collections.  Their dates of charge-off or collection reporting are not the relevant dates you need to know.

Using the information you listed under step one, identify for each CO or CA, the monthly date of your first monthly delinquency under the OC account that was your first delinquency in any chain of most recent delinquencies thatn preceded the CO or CA.  That date is what is commonly called your legal date of first delinquency, or simply your DOFD.  Under FCRA 605(c), no credit report issued by a CRA can continue to include any CO or CA reported, after a date of your DOFD plus 180-days, plus 7 years.

Paying the debt on any reported CO or CA has no impact on your FICO score.  To also get CR deletion prior to the 7 1/2 period requires, if the debt is unpaid, a prior PFD agreement from the party who reported the derog, or if it is paid, a request for GW deletion.

Your unpaid tax lien is probably your longest and most severe post to your CR.  Tax liens are the one single item in your credit file that base CR deletion, not on date of occurance of the derog, but rather on your date of payment.  FCRA 605(a)(3).  If your final date of payment of this tax lien is expected in 6/2011, it will remain as a major CR derog until after 6/2018. 

Message 3 of 8
jeffgucci
Valued Member

Okay, so my yearly bonus is coming up.....I plan to pay everything off on my CB......knowing what I have on my report...can I get my score up by adding in a secured card....not just any one, but i did my research and found that Natioanl City has a secured card and it does report as secured, it looks like a regular CC....is this a good move? If I can do a $2000 CL will that boost my score any?

Message 4 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffgucci wrote:

Okay, so my yearly bonus is coming up.....I plan to pay everything off on my CB......knowing what I have on my report...can I get my score up by adding in a secured card....not just any one, but i did my research and found that Natioanl City has a secured card and it does report as secured, it looks like a regular CC....is this a good move? If I can do a $2000 CL will that boost my score any?

Hi Jeff,

CL's themselves are not scored. It's the percentage of use of that CL that is looked at. Now if getting that $2,000 CL will lower your overall revolving utilization that would probably help you but I agree with llecs that you don't need any new credit right now.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffgucci wrote:

Sadly, National City is no more. PNC acquired them a year or two ago.

Message 6 of 8
jeffgucci
Valued Member

I called National City...they did tell me to get the app from a PNC location...and my mistake they dont report as secured.....so you think just let the credit marinate a while......I think even though my Target card and !st Prem have small balances I have read how to manage them so they report low utilization....I will take your advice and let it ride....any suggestions as to when i should try for another?

Message 7 of 8
jeffgucci
Valued Member

Oh Yeah Statement success....found out what the statment date was....paid.....it will report on my CR a snapshot of that day 7% Util....thanks MYFICO!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.