cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Help

tag
Crosis

Newbie Help

First I want to thank all of the moderators and helpful posters for all the time they have spent on these boards.  I've spent the past few weeks dilligently reading the boards all FAQS and threads I can possible.  I've already been pre-approved for a mortgage my media FICO is 668.  No matter I wanted to take some steps to improve my credit just for peace of mine.  I have already gone ahead and made the decision to hire Lexington Law.  I understand there are different points of view on using LL but it meets my needs and I wanted to at least try them. 

However, there are still a few questions I have.  I have 4 baddies on my credit report that I need help with.  I like to share all of them with you and perhaps with the collective wisdom of the boards you can help me determine if I should still think about using LL or fixing myself.  (as starting to be my opinion) that these baddies are really hard to get rid of.

First up:

Bank of America #1 - Credit Card that was opened in 2004.  The 24th month payment history shows one 30 day late payment and these are the notes:

Current, was past due 120 days.  

Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber

Bank of America #2 - Credit Card that was opened in 1998.  Numerous 30, 60, 90, 120 and KD day lates over the 24 month history.  These are the notes:  Legally paid in full for less than the full balance.  Election of remedy - reported by subscriber .

Web Bank/Dell Financial Services - 30, 60, 90, 120 and KD over the 24 month history. These are the notes:  Legally paid in full for less than the full balance. Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber.

WesCom Credit Union - This TL has one 30 date late.  

Now it's my understanding that Bank of America and Web Bank/DFS are notoriously hard to deal with.  People having little success with GW or things being disputed on these accounts.  Also, I understand that the WesCom 30 date late is not really a big deal.  

What are the collective thoughts about me moving forward?

What can realistically be done about BofA's and WebBank/Dell?

Again thanks for all your help and I can't wait to continue this discussion going. 

-S

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 668
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
focused1914
Regular Contributor

Re: Newbie Help

Im working with LL since march... I have had little or no success with them.   One or two deletions.    I also have two BOFA tradelines.    They have sent several letters to them with no success.    I have sent at least two GW letters to them with no success.      Most of my success has come from helpful people on this site.     If you use LL, make sure you get copies of the letter they send out on your behalf.    TO BE HONEST..  I will probably drop them after I recieve the last group of letters and before another payments comes out.     

Message 2 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You could request Goodwill deletion of the lates.  That is all LL is going to do anyway.  Or they will dispute it.  If they win with that, the entire tradeline is deleted, which could affect your score really negatively, since it looks like those accounts have been there a while.  Yes it is time consuming and frustrating to rebuild your own credit.  But the money you send to LL could be better spent taking care of things on your reports and SAVING for your house.  Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 8
focused1914
Regular Contributor

I agree... save the money

Message 4 of 8
Crosis

Thanks for your quick replies.  After I signed up for LL I sort of began to realize if I got those 3 TLs deleted than I might be asking for a large portion of my credit history to be deleted which could have some pretty negative impacts on my overall score.  

I'll cancel LL tomorrow unless anyone else has any thoughts on how LL can help delete just the lates on those TLs.  

Do I have any options at this point for myself?  Everything that I have read about BofA and DFS is that they do not really respond to GWs.  How can I even phrase a GW letter to just eliminate the lates?  Is that possible and does that happen?

Or is time my only answer?

-S

Message 5 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

When did these lates happen?

Are they (BoA and Web Bank/Dell) going to drop off your CR anytime soon?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 8
Crosis

The Bank of America account that was closed by the grantor was opened up in 1998.  It's my oldest record on file.  It doesn't say when it will drop off.  It was closed in 2008 so I would assume 2015.

The other BofA account says it will falll of in 5/2015 and dell says 2/2014.

Message 7 of 8
Crosis

Actually looking at my BofA account again I see that there is an error.  They're reporting that it was completely paid in 8/2009.  But I know for a fact I settled/paid in 7/2008.  What should I do about that?

@Crosis wrote:

The Bank of America account that was closed by the grantor was opened up in 1998.  It's my oldest record on file.  It doesn't say when it will drop off.  It was closed in 2008 so I would assume 2015.

The other BofA account says it will falll of in 5/2015 and dell says 2/2014.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.