Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Here - Target GW Help/Clarification

tag
angelita1212
Valued Member

Newbie Here - Target GW Help/Clarification

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting here, I've been lurking for a few months, and have been motivated to face my credit head on!

I have just received my FICO Scorewatch report, and am trying to start with the easiest things first. (It's really overwhelming to see it all in front of you!)

I had a Target cc which was sent to collections and I have paid a settlement with the CA. Looking at my report, Target is reporting this as "Pays Account as Agreed" but with the notes "Account paid for less than full balance, Closed or paid account/zero balance".

I have 4 90+ day lates showing on this from back in 2009. What is the best way to tackle this? Do I send a GW to have the 90+ day lates removed? Or do I just try to have the whole line removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am learning so much from all of you here!

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newbie Here - Target GW Help/Clarification

Welcome to the forums!

Your EQ FICO report via SW is a great first step.

FICO looks at many aspects of your TL and two items are impacting your FICO score the most (negatively): the lates and the comment. FICO reads both. In FICO-speak, a comment of "settled for less than full" or something along those lines is scored on par as a charge-off. Send a GW asking Target to remove both the comment and the lates.

There's a chance you may not want it deleted. If this TL is older than your AAoA, or among your oldest accounts, then you really wouldn't want it deleted. Sometimes the age helps more than the baddie hurts. Now 90+ days are certainly hurting.

Message 2 of 5
angelita1212
Valued Member

My AAoA is 6 yrs, and this account was first opened in 8/2007.

So I guess trying to get Target to GW this to remove the 4 lates as well as the line, "Account paid for less than full balance"?

Do most OCs remove that tradeline?

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yes to both the lates and the comments. YMMV on your success. It's totally up to the creditor. Some never ever change or remove anything. Some are the exact opposite. It seems there were recent success stories in here with Target. I think your chances are good. Since this TL is younger than your AAoA, and assuming this isn't your oldest revolving (or at least your oldest by 1-2 yrs), then it might be worth asking for a deletion in the GW.

Message 4 of 5
angelita1212
Valued Member

Yes, my oldest account is a JCPenney card opened in 2000.

Thanks for your help! I'm writing my letter now!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.