Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie. Here's my baddies....

tag
jn1980
New Contributor

Newbie. Here's my baddies....

Hi everybody! 

I have been lurking for years but I really feel like its time I join the 700 club so its time to do some work! My score is hovering aroun 615 right now. Here are my baddies:

Santander (auto loan) PIF, 8 late payments (most recent late was 12/2011)

Santander (auto loan) PIF, 11 late payments (most recent late was 12/2011)

Conn's (secured loan) PIF, 11 late payments (most recent was 4/2013)

Nissan Acceptance (repo where I was the co-signer) DOLA 6/2011, charge-off in 7/2012 $6994 balance

Wells Fargo (mortgage), still paying this mortgage, 11 late payments (most recent late was 5/2012)

Procollect (old light bill) Collection -my exhusband moved and never paid and his lights were in my name $323 (8/2011)

I have a 9 yr credit history

1 credit card

authorized user on 4 credit cards in good standing with high limits

20-21 total accounts 

Where do I start? I have tried the easy online route to get these removed with no luck. Any suggestions would be great!!

10/31/2017 - About 700 all around
07/01/15: EQ - 658 TU - 686 EX - 697
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newbie. Here's my baddies....

@jn1980 wrote:

Hi everybody! 

I have been lurking for years but I really feel like its time I join the 700 club so its time to do some work! My score is hovering aroun 615 right now. Here are my baddies:

Santander (auto loan) PIF, 8 late payments (most recent late was 12/2011) Good will letters to the Exec Office of each creditor you have late payments with.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Santander (auto loan) PIF, 11 late payments (most recent late was 12/2011)

Conn's (secured loan) PIF, 11 late payments (most recent was 4/2013)

Nissan Acceptance (repo where I was the co-signer) DOLA 6/2011, charge-off in 7/2012 $6994 balance With this one you dont want to rock the boat if its still within your states SOL unless you have the full amount. You would attempt the PFD, OCs are very tough to get and if its not updating monthly I think I would just leave it alone for the time being.

Wells Fargo (mortgage), still paying this mortgage, 11 late payments (most recent late was 5/2012)

Procollect (old light bill) Collection -my exhusband moved and never paid and his lights were in my name $323 (8/2011) You can try the PFD with the CA, if they wont bite then contact the OC and see if they will recall the collection in exchange for full payment. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

I have a 9 yr credit history

1 credit card

authorized user on 4 credit cards in good standing with high limits

20-21 total accounts 

Where do I start? I have tried the easy online route to get these removed with no luck. Any suggestions would be great!!  You want at minimum 3 bankcards and 1 store card for rebuilding, with only one CC open you want to move for 2 more as you will typically get a Fico boost for the first 3 cards. Welcome to My Fico and good luck in your credit journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
jn1980
New Contributor

Thanks gdale6! That gives me a good place to start. What about Wells Fargo's late payments? Has anyone had luck getting them removed? Also the Nissan account IS reporting monthly and its killing my score :-(.
Message 3 of 17
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@jn1980 wrote:
Thanks gdale6! That gives me a good place to start. What about Wells Fargo's late payments? Has anyone had luck getting them removed? Also the Nissan account IS reporting monthly and its killing my score :-(.

I am in the middle of this RIGHT NOW with Wells Fargo. I sent the email regarding a 30 day late and have not heard anything back. Will update.

Message 4 of 17
jn1980
New Contributor

So here is what i have done so far:

I PFD'd Procollect. They said it should come off in 30-90 days

Enhanced Aquisitions looks like it is being deleted from an online dispute

I used my old Capital one so that it is no longer dormant

I opened a Capital One card with a 3,000 limit

I opened a secured 99/500 BofA card 

I got Wells Fargo acccount to go down to 7 lates from 11

I had my husband open a Spirit Mastercard from BofA with a CL of 6,000. I am having them add me as a joint account holder (not just AU). It will sit in a drawer with a monthly bill going through it and eventually we will remove him from it whenever they approve me to have it alone.

I know it will take a couple months to show in my score but hopefully I will get a significant hike . . . .

Message 5 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The Nissan debt would most likely be my first consideration.

It has been charged-off. 

They dont expect you to pay the debt, and thus the next step after a CO is often to recoup a bit more of the total loss by selling the debt.

That will lead to the additon of a collection to your credit report, and eliminate any ability to offer a PFD to the OC to get rid of the major CO derog.

I would send an immediate PFD, and if they dont accept, consider a PIF or settlement offer.

Message 6 of 17
jn1980
New Contributor

I was giventhe impression that i should leave that alone until the SOL expires next year in order to avoid getting sued. Also, i dont have $7000 to give to them.
Message 7 of 17
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to ask who you contacted at Wells Fargo to get those lates reduced. You can PM me.

Message 8 of 17
jn1980
New Contributor

UPDATE:

I have quite a few old lates (23 - 30day & 14 - 60day) They are all between 2 -4 yrs old. Since they only have a small impact at this point I'm only focusing on the 90 & 120 lates)

• Collections:  I PFD'd Procollect and it has been removed from my Transunion account. The Enhanced Acquisitions was removed from all accounts after an online dispute.
  • Wells Fargo lates (2-90day in 2011): I sent an internal PM to customer service on my Wells Fargo mortgage but they are not willing to remove any lates.
  • Conn's lates (3-90day, 1-120day in 2012/2013): I disputed my Conn's lates online with all 3 CRA's and they all verified. I sent a message online to Conn's disputing the late payments and they are researching it and will get back to me within 30 days (3/23).
  • Santander lates (1-90day in 2011): I tried sending an online request to Santander but they want me to call their main number. I am nervous to call after reading all the Santander GW fails on here.
  • New Credit: My two new CC's arent reporting just yet (BofA and Cap One), so I'm looking forward to a boost when they go on my report. 
  • Utilization:  I requested to be removed as an authorized user from my husband's account that have balances. After they are removed my utilization should go down from 15% to about 6%. 
  • Nissan repo/CO (1-90day in 2011, then CO in 2012): I stupidly disputed Nissan online which probably notified them to sue me since the SOL isn't up until 7/2016. I ended up with lates on Transunion that werent even reporting before - FAIL. 

My scores as of today: EQ - 627, TU - 623, EX - 615 (previously EQ-612, TU-590, EX???)

Message 9 of 17
jn1980
New Contributor

UPDATE
1) Well I got my mortgage score up to 673. We closed on our dream home in November 2015!
2) My BofA got unsecured and went from $500 to $2,000.
3) I got an Amazon store card with a starting CL of $1400.
2) I got the Chase Freedom card I was wanting at a $4,500 starting credit limit.
5) Investment Retrievers finally put that old repo they bought on my CR but their SOL for getting a judgement expired on 2/1/16! Yay! Too late for you JDB!

So, long story short, I still have to wait 2.5 years for pristine credit. BUT I have all the credit lines I want growing in the meantime with positive payment history. Thanks for all your help guys!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.