cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Needs Advice On How To Proceed

tag
stephylyn12

Newbie Needs Advice On How To Proceed

Hi all. New to the forums but have been searching and reading for a while now. I just pulled my credit reports for the first time ever and just as I expected all my negative accounts were medical bills in collections from when I lived in Utah. I am 21 so Id like to nip this all in the bud before it gets any worse and have more credit trouble as I get older. Im more than likely going to PFD the 2 North American Recovery accounts as those are the one with the least balance owed but should I write one letter asking them to delete both for payment in full or should I write 2 seperate letters, one for each account. I honestly was actually thinking about writing one letter for one account and if they agreed to delete for full payment, once they had deleted the first account off my report, then ask them if they would do the same for the second one. Thoughts on that?

As for all my other ones, how should I go about them? Should I write DV letters? The only thing that concerns me is that they all appear to still be within the Texas 4 year SOL and if in fact they do verify then they turn around and sue me especially the IC Systems account as that is the one with the highest balance BUT after checking with the Texas Secretary of State website it seems that both IC Systems & Mountainland Collections DO NOT have surety bonds on file to collect here in the state of Texas. Not that i could find anyways. So is that a green light to go ahead and DV?? I have been living in Texas for a year and four months so I am unsure if Ive lived here long enough to be considered a resident and er protected byall the Texas SOL and surety bond laws as well as the Texas Finance Code.

Here is the list of the negatives on my reports. All input is welcome. Thanks.

IC Systems

OC: Intermountain Healthcare

Date Opened: 04/2012

Reported Since: 11/2012

Date Of Status: 11/2012

Last Reported: 11/2012

Type: Collection

Terms: 1 Month

Responsibility: Individual

Original Amount: $1,261

Recent Balance: $6,164 as of 11/2012

Scheduled To Fall Off: 09/2018

Medical Data Systems Inc

OC: Davis Hospital Medical Center

Date Opened: 09/2011

Date Of Status: 12/2011

Last Reported: 12/2011

Original Amount: $1,835

Recent Balance: $1,835 as of 12/2011

Scheduled To Fall Off: 08/2017

Mountainland Collections

OC: Epic Emerg Phys Integrated D

Date Opened: 04/2011

Reported Since: 06/2009

Date Of Status: 05/2011

Last Reported: 08/2013

Original Amount: $554

Recent Balance: $705 as of 08/2013

Scheduled To Fall Off: 02/2018

North American Recovery

OC: Midtown Community Health Center

Date Opened: 10/2011

Reported Since: 12/2011

Date Of Status: 11/2011

Original Amount: $43

Recent Balance: $53 as of 11/2013

Scheduled To Fall Off: 11/2017

North American Recovery

OC: Midtown Community Health Center

Date Opened: 05/2012

Reported Since: 07/2012

Last reported: 11/2013

Original Amount: $65

Recent Balance: $78 as of 11/2013

Scheduled To Fall Off: 09/2018

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Newbie Needs Advice On How To Proceed

Hi and welcome to the forums.

My first step would be to contact the OC and see if you can qualify for any type of financial assistance.  Some of those are large balances.  If you can, much, if not all of the debt can be wiped out.  If that happened the CAs would need to delete since there is no debt to collect on.

The one year residency only applies to higher education.

Message 2 of 6
stephylyn12

Thanks for the input. I tried calling the OCs for the first 2 i listed and both said that since they are in collections there is nothing they can do. That I should call the CAs and work it out with them. I really dont want to have any contact with IC Systems since I dont have $7000 to shell out like that and I dont want to risk getting sued but on the other hand I checked and they arent bonded in Texas to collect so I dont know whats my next move?? DV them???
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send them a DV under TFC and a separate letter requesting their surety bond information. 

When you did the search, did you use the wildcard%?

Message 4 of 6
stephylyn12

No I hadnt. I had only checked the way it shows up on my reports. I just checked again, this time as I C Systems and they do in fact have an active surety bond filed. What now?

Seems like Mountainland is now the only one not bonded. I just checked again using the wildcard and still could not find anything on them. So theres still hope with that one.
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you can't pay it I would not DV right now.  You don't want to get sued.

If you aren't sure about the second one I would call and ask them to check for you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.