Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - Please help me with my next step

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie - Please help me with my next step

I purchased score watch, and started disputing items on my report. One of the items I disputed was a duplicate loan that was actually purchased by the government but it's still showing as an "open" account 120+ days past due under my Universities name. I contacted them and they sent me a letter stating the account was purchased by the government in 2005. FYI - I lost 18 points after it was verified (2 days after the dispute was made). That loan is currently in rehab and I was assured by the US dept of Education that it would be removed in December. QUESTION #1 - should I send this letter to EQ or just let it go?

QUESTION #2 - I recently lost 40 POINTS on my EQ because of this:

The following changes were reported for your DIRECT LOANS account:- Past Due Amount Changed from N/A to $0

Is there anything I can do to get these points back? I believe they updated this because I had a reduced payment (it may be counted as a deferment). I want to boost my score so starting in July I'll be paying the full amount. QUESTION #3 - Will they come back after they start reporting in July?

Background: Most of my college baddies dropped this year, so I pretty much went from bad credit to no credit. Luckily my oldest account is a Sallie Mae (11 years) loan that I paid off a couple years ago. Currently I have two positive accounts which is the Sallie Mae loan (paid) and I have a student loan for $17,000 (I was paying a reduced amount so I don't think payments were being reported). I have two negative collections accounts Perkins loan for $1,800 that's in rehab with the US Dept of Edu (it will be deleted in December), and a Afni account from 2002 that I settled last month for $595. Last night I was approved for a Secured BOA, and the Spiegels card.

HELP!

Message Edited by SecondChance23 on 06-29-2008 06:00 PM

Message Edited by SecondChance23 on 06-29-2008 06:01 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mschang
Regular Contributor

Re: Newbie - Please help me with my next step

i'm new to the credit repair game and unfortunately am not in a place to give you advice, but i was wondering: how do you know the perkins loan will be deleted in december? i am trying to start the rehab process and read that it was deleted when paid in full but do not know if that's true or not.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.