Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie and in need of guidance

tag
Maxi11510
Contributor

Newbie and in need of guidance

Hello everyone and please feel free to chime in with any advice at all.  I have found trying to rebuild is taking a toll on my patience. My credit has hit the bottom of the barrel due to being hit by a truck in 2008. I lost everything from my job to my home. I have a reposession and major credit card debt as I was unable to pay my bills. Before the accident my credit was great, and now Capitol One will not give me a secured credit card as they were one of the creditors that I owe. I tried Lexington Law but I can not afford the $100 a month. So I have opened a secured card with Capital Bank for $1000. i also have a Care Credit card with a $1000 Limit for one year and just attempted the shopping cart trick with both Express and Victoria secret and was approved for $250 each and I have had a First Premier $300 for the past 8 months. my scores are TU 605( not sure since the new accounts with express and v/s. Equifax 538 and experian 568. Please help 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie and in need of guidance

I am very new as well. Sounds like you are on the right track with the CCs. Now it's time to work on the "baddies" How many do you have? Are any scheduled to fall off in the next year or so. One thing i have learned in my few months of going down this path, time is a huge factor. Time to rebuild a solid pay record, time to let bad stuff fall off, time to get responses for GW and PFD requests.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Maxi11510
Contributor

Re: Newbie and in need of guidance

Thank you for your response. The baddies are due to start falling off next year. I also have a lot inquiriies (trying to get someone to give me some credit) which are due to start falling off in June I have 20 so it will be a while. I called Barklay just to speak to someone in their recon department just to ask them what I need to do to qualify for a card with them in the future. The rep was great and advised that I should keep making the on time payments with First Premier ( I was going to close it due to the crazy fees) but she advised against it. I mentioned the Express. Victoria Seceret and the Care Credit accounts are not the types of accounts that matter when they make their decisions.  they want to see major credit cards. So I guess I will just sit back and wait for the baddies and inquiries fall off.  Is that called gardening?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.