Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here in need of different kind of help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here in need of different kind of help

Obviously, I stumbled here a little TOO late Smiley Sad I've paid everything off this week without knowing of the PFD. Can I go about getting them to take everything off via GW letters? I don't know where to start..And the frustrating thing is that I was so pumped to get everything paid off only to learn it did absolutely nothing. Here is a little more on my situation:

Here are my "open" accounts. Only 1 of those is actually open and the rest went to collections. You can see I obviously turned 18 in 07 and went on a spending spree. I've worked hard to pay everything off but I feel like something isn't adding up. How do I get these accounts off?

AccountsCompany Account number Date opened Balance Status Negative Indicator? [?]  

OtherLvnvfundg  2/2008$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherEntergy Gs  Not on Record$0Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherVerizon  8/2007$0Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherCap One  4/2007$0Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Vehicle LoanCreditacpt  7/2010$6,266Pays account as agreedNoDetails

There are more collections.But for some reason they aren't listed. Long story short, I had about K in debt and I paid every cent of it in full last week..It just isn't showing yet on FICO. Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "777YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $12 on account number "XXXXXXXXXXX0462".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

777YC00000
$12
$12
Nov, 2010
XXXXXXXXXXX0462
Individual
Medical

Collection on debt to: Canterbury Hous

The collection agency "394YC00585" was hired to collect a debt of $1,329 originally owed to "Canterbury Hous" on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]

394YC00585
$1,329
$0
Apr, 2010
Canterbury Hous
XXXXXXXX
Individual

Collection on debt to: Banfield Pet Ho

The collection agency "905YC00310" was hired to collect a debt of $157 originally owed to "Banfield Pet Ho" on account number "XXXXXXX7001".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]

905YC00310
$157
$157
May, 2011
Banfield Pet Ho
XXXXXXX7001
Individual

Collection on debt to: At T

The collection agency "464YA00286" was hired to collect a debt of $87 originally owed to "At T" on account number "XXXXXX7477".

464YA00286
$87
$87
Jul, 2011
At T
XXXXXX7477
Individual

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "495YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $176 on account number "XXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

495YC00000
$176
$176
Aug, 2010
XXXXXXX
Individual

Medical

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie here in need of different kind of help

For those that do have balances, you can do PFD's .....

The ones listed below....

As far as anything else.... (same with my situation, paid before i knew of PFD) the only option is GW them 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

and what is the likelihood these company's actually take it off your record if already paid in full? Seems like there is nothing in it for them if they do it? I hope I'm wrong

Message 3 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

You are correct, there is nothing in it for them, hence the good will, you will more then likely have to send ALOT of GW letters, as i have already sent out 22 GW letters.... 

eventually, most will go ahead and take them off, may take 500 GW letters, may take 1.... it really depends on the person opening the envelope....

Have to at least give it a try....

Though i have heard of some CA/CO refusing to remove lines for anyone.... soooo ...

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Since you paid the accounts the only thing you can do is for a good will deletion (GW). As for what to write to them, the only thing I can say is dont use the same GW letter that everyone else has sent them 100s of times. Write a personalized letter, from you. Not a cookie cutter letter. Make it personal, explain what happened, how it happened, take resposibility for it, stress the fact you did end up making good on your debts, that you are regretful of your past mistakes, and what you are doing/will do to prevent this from happening again. Mention life changes dont make excuses.Be truthfull. Use the english language to express emotion and scincerity.

I have done this a few times and had alot of stuff removed. I am currently trying to get First Premier to delete an account by doing all of the things I have mentioned above as this one account from 06 is preventing me from getting a mortgage. Good luck and ask any questions you have. Do your research prior to sending anymore payments to anyone.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 5 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

notmyj - 

Can we get an update to your scores? Last update was on 10 of 2010 ...

thanks Smiley Happy just want to see your progress LOL....

Also, i am getting help writing some personal GW letters, as i am a dull  boring "not-so-personal" person hahahahaah 

Message 6 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I will update after my current disputes are closed and all current accounts report 0 balances. Some places are slow to report...

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

notmy-

We are currently looking to get a mortgage as well. I will be writing letters tonight. How many times did you have to send to the companies that eventually took it off of your report?

Message 8 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Some deleted just from online disputes of "not mine". Some others simply deleted from the first, others have proven to be more difficult. Case in point, Asset Acceptance was a tough nut to crack but I managed to get them to delete a $1200 unpaid collection because they were reporting as factoring company with 30 day terms. Which was incorrect as they are a collection company, and no terms were ever agreed to be tween myself and them. I disputed this, and it was verified. So I then filed complaints with the Attorneys General from Michigan (Where Asset is headquartered) and in PA (where I am located). at the same time I filed a complaint with the BBB.

Within a month I had received corrospondence from all three angencies containing Asset Acceptances response. They stated that while they belive the accounts were valid, they will delete them from all reports and their records in the interest of settling the complaints.

No other action was persued, and the account has never re surfaced. When sending GW letters via snail mail, I sent multiple letters to each company  to different addresses. From general customer service to the CEO and Presidents and everyone in between. Very first one I sent was to HSBC President. I received a phone call as I included all of my info (name, address, phone number, and even SSN (but only to OC's, NEVER to a collection agency)) from the presidents office stating they would review my acct and I would here from them within 10 days. Well, they refused to delete, the trade line from my reports, but they did delete the payment history. I got a 15pt jump from this alone.

I also got alot of points for opening new accounts. I went from no open revolving accts to 5 in 2 months and my scores went up every time a few points.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you are saying do not send a GW letter to the CA? I'm lost LOL. Please elaborate.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.