Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here in need of different kind of help

tag
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: Newbie here in need of different kind of help

I disputed every acct first. Then I DV'ed all of them. After that I started looking into more aggressive actions. Keep reading and learning, then devise a plan. When I disputed with the CRAs I disputed all online with the reason of "not mine". I never sent a single penny to a collection agency and only have one left. I had close to 5k in collections deleted. However, If you already paid them, then yes, a GW deletion is all you really have left. If the accts are paid, then send them GW letters. If you have collections that are not paid, then start with a dispute, then a DV letter.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 11 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@notmyj wrote:

I disputed every acct first. Then I DV'ed all of them. After that I started looking into more aggressive actions. Keep reading and learning, then devise a plan. When I disputed with the CRAs I disputed all online with the reason of "not mine". I never sent a single penny to a collection agency and only have one left. I had close to 5k in collections deleted. However, If you already paid them, then yes, a GW deletion is all you really have left. If the accts are paid, then send them GW letters. If you have collections that are not paid, then start with a dispute, then a DV letter.

I'm curious about your approach of disputing every account as "not mine". Was this because you truly didn't feel the information was accurate?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

No, it mostly out of not being informed properly. At the time, I had not yet found this web site and found others that said the step is to dispute everything as not mine. So I followed that. It was only after I filed the disputes did I find this place. Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that in the previous post. Right or wrong, it was what I did and oddly enough it worked. /shrug/

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@notmyj wrote:

No, it mostly out of not being informed properly. At the time, I had not yet found this web site and found others that said the step is to dispute everything as not mine. So I followed that. It was only after I filed the disputes did I find this place. Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that in the previous post. Right or wrong, it was what I did and oddly enough it worked. /shrug/

I've been there, done that.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.