Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here in need of guidance and advice

tag
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Newbie here in need of guidance and advice

I am trying to do everything I can to clean up my credit and establish new credit at the same time.  I pulled my credit reports and started working on this in May 2014.  I have had success at getting 6 collections deleted from my credit report.  This was thanks to lurking here and following the great advice!! 

So, what is left on my report at this time is: (Negative)

Capital One - It is a paid charge off but the balance is still showing on my report.  I just opened a dispute with Transunion because it should be reporting $0 balance.  I am also disputing this because they show credit history back to 2007 and I didn't get that card until 9/2011. 

Comenity Bank/American - This is a closed accounty that is only negative because 2 30 day lates and 2 60 day lates.  The lates were in 2007 and 2008 so hopefully they aren't hurting me too badly.

Consumer Adj Co - Paid in full; was a collection.  This was for a utility bill through Ameren UE.  I am going to send them a goodwill letter to see if I can get this removed.  Do I send the letter to the CA that is reporting it and also who I paid, or the OC?  Will be removed 7/2018

Enhanced Recorvery Company - Paid in full; was a collection.  This was from Charter Communications and I have the same question about who to send the goodwill letter to.  Will be removed 6/2019

In satisfatory accounts I have a BAC Home Loan that the last payment was in 2005 so unfortunately I will be losing a good one soon.

Webbank Fingerhut - Freshstart installment loan with last payment 12/2013

Webbank/Fingerhut - Charge account with no lates or balance. $200CL

I have recently received two Capital One cards with a CL of $300 on each

Here's my main problem now.  I also have a civil judgment that is for Midland Funding, OC was BOA, in the amount of $6800.  This is the only thing I really need to get taken care of right away.  At least everything else is paid off.  The original collections for this account have just recently fallen off of my CR but the judgment was filed 3/2011 so it will be on my CR until 3/2019.  I know I need to pay this and I am really suprised they haven't gone after my bank account or my job.  Although at this point they do not know where I work or bank.  I sent them a letter yesterday offering a settlement and asking them to show the judgment as satisfied and paid in full and also asking if they would be able to vacate this.  I am in MO and am not even sure if that is a possibility.  I am hoping to hear something from them to at least work out payment arrangements so that I can finally get this taken care of and off of my conscience.  I seriously doubt they will accept my settlement, I offered $2500 in monthly payments.  I figured I would start low.  With the interest they are now saying I owe almost 9k on it. 

I am open to any guidance or advice.  Thank you for listening to me whine!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Re: Newbie here in need of guidance and advice

Any advice or suggestions??

Message 2 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

I think for now you do everything right. Sorry I can't give you any good advice here. You already doing what I would do
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@bkelly906 wrote:

I am trying to do everything I can to clean up my credit and establish new credit at the same time.  I pulled my credit reports and started working on this in May 2014.  I have had success at getting 6 collections deleted from my credit report.  This was thanks to lurking here and following the great advice!! 

So, what is left on my report at this time is: (Negative)

Capital One - It is a paid charge off but the balance is still showing on my report.  I just opened a dispute with Transunion because it should be reporting $0 balance.  I am also disputing this because they show credit history back to 2007 and I didn't get that card until 9/2011. GW Letters to get it removed all together

Comenity Bank/American - This is a closed accounty that is only negative because 2 30 day lates and 2 60 day lates.  The lates were in 2007 and 2008 so hopefully they aren't hurting me too badly. They are not hurting and you can GW them to ask for foregiveness if you want.

Consumer Adj Co - Paid in full; was a collection.  This was for a utility bill through Ameren UE.  I am going to send them a goodwill letter to see if I can get this removed.  Do I send the letter to the CA that is reporting it and also who I paid, or the OC?  Will be removed 7/2018 GW letters always go to the entity who is reporting.

Enhanced Recorvery Company - Paid in full; was a collection.  This was from Charter Communications and I have the same question about who to send the goodwill letter to.  Will be removed 6/2019

In satisfatory accounts I have a BAC Home Loan that the last payment was in 2005 so unfortunately I will be losing a good one soon.

Webbank Fingerhut - Freshstart installment loan with last payment 12/2013

Webbank/Fingerhut - Charge account with no lates or balance. $200CL

I have recently received two Capital One cards with a CL of $300 on each

Here's my main problem now.  I also have a civil judgment that is for Midland Funding, OC was BOA, in the amount of $6800.  This is the only thing I really need to get taken care of right away.  At least everything else is paid off.  The original collections for this account have just recently fallen off of my CR but the judgment was filed 3/2011 so it will be on my CR until 3/2019.  I know I need to pay this and I am really suprised they haven't gone after my bank account or my job.  Although at this point they do not know where I work or bank.  I sent them a letter yesterday offering a settlement and asking them to show the judgment as satisfied and paid in full and also asking if they would be able to vacate this.  I am in MO and am not even sure if that is a possibility.  I am hoping to hear something from them to at least work out payment arrangements so that I can finally get this taken care of and off of my conscience.  I seriously doubt they will accept my settlement, I offered $2500 in monthly payments.  I figured I would start low.  With the interest they are now saying I owe almost 9k on it. Good start and I would be keeping your funds out of the bank until something is resolved, someone on this board got wiped out a few days ago by a judgment that was years old, all his money was seized.

I am open to any guidance or advice.  Thank you for listening to me whine!!

Message 4 of 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the support and advice.  I will continue what I am doing and hopefully will have some luck with the gw letters. 

I didn't think they were able to seize my account since it is a joint account, but I would rather move my money to be safe!!  If I can get this judgment at least paid at a reasonable (hopefully) amount I will feel so much better.  Then I can worry about getting it vacated or just ride it out.  I just don't want to leave it and have it renewed and be on there an additional 7 years.

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@bkelly906 wrote:

Thanks for the support and advice.  I will continue what I am doing and hopefully will have some luck with the gw letters. 

I didn't think they were able to seize my account since it is a joint account, but I would rather move my money to be safe!!  If I can get this judgment at least paid at a reasonable (hopefully) amount I will feel so much better.  Then I can worry about getting it vacated or just ride it out.  I just don't want to leave it and have it renewed and be on there an additional 7 years.

Wrong they can seize any personal deposit account with your name on it joint or not

Message 6 of 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the information.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.