Did you mean: 

Newbie here, need some suggestions plz :0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here, need some suggestions plz :0

Hi,

Thanks for reading my post.

I have posted this thread in another section of the forum, and was told this Rebuilding Section is a better place for my problem.

I am very new to the forum and trying to learn some knowledge and experience to re-build my credit. 

My current Equifax score is 710, and Experian is very low 588. (not sure why the difference is so huge)

Here is my situation:

I have only had 2.5 years credit history from my car loan and I have paid it on time. Currently still owe about $4000. About 1 year and half ago, I moved from Oregon to Texas for new a job after graduation. During that transition, I missed one payment to the previous apartment's cleaning fee (some dog pee damage) . I was very dumb and stupid that I missed this payment, and it went to collection. And I didn't negotiate, but directly paid off once I found it out. So , even after I paid it off, it still effected my score and it dropped hard.

In order to kinda fix this problem, I opened a credit card 2 months ago, and start to use it for some small purchases, and pay it off right away on time.  And also, as I have mentioned, still have the car loan about $4000, that I pay it monthly on time.

Questions:

1. Is there any suggestions?I know it does not have short cuts to rebuild score, but it should have better ways /  habbits to do so. Please let me know what you would do in this situation. Any input is appreciated.  

2. Why the Experian and Equifax has huge difference?   I know even I paid it off, it still stays on the report for 7 years. Just curious if there is anything I can do about it.

3. I have read some of the posts here about credit repairing companies. And some suggest we can do it by ourselves. As a beginer, I do not know where to start first. Just curious if I can bring some data here to find some suggestions? Or is there any good company I can consult with. And how much I'll have to pay them?

4. I 'd like to ask about the credit report (from Myfico ). In the Experian report (score 588), there are 4 baddies:

a. You have a public record and/or collection on your credit report. --> Even a paid off collection will stay there, if I understand it correctly
b. You have few accounts that are in good standing.                       --> I only have one credit card, should I apply a couple. What is the strategy or purpose to do so?
c. There is no recent activity on your credit cards.                           --> I do have transactions on the card. Is it a delay since I got my credit card not long ago?
d. There is no recent activity on your revolving accounts.                --> Not sure what this means? I pay my car loan on time ever since I got the car. Should I pay more, or may be there is a mistake?

Thanks again, I appreciate any help 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie here, need some suggestions plz :0

Start by pulling your full free reports from annualcreditreports.com
Where are you seeing the Equifax and Experian scores? Are you getting them here or from some other place?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie here, need some suggestions plz :0

Thanks for quick response. Yes I got the report from this site. I requested yesterday, and only Two reports came. TranUnion hasn't shown up yet.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.