Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here with some questions :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here with some questions :)

Lemme first start by introducing myself!

Hello, I'm Jason- A 31 year old living in Orlando, FL. Currently in the "rebuilding process" and have multiple questions that need your dire attention!! HAHA

I've been on this "rebuilding" gravy train for a little over a year now and I want to thank each and every one of you for all your insight into the world of credit. It has turned me into a Goodwill, PFD, and DV Letter Diva! 

So here's my questions:

I have been slowly buy surely working on getting these negative marks removed from my CR's. I have about 8 collection accounts that are listed as follows:

Convergent (Sprint Account): $530-Tried calling but was outside their business hours.

LVNV (Cortrust Bank): $809 -Tried calling and settle with PFD. Won't budge on the PFD.

Midland Funding (Salute Visa): $1,176-What a MESS of a company. Tried calling and explained about an FTC decision for the company, CompuCredit, who serviced these loans and how their deceptive marketing practices led to the deletion of the tradeline. They were lost for words. Ended up filing a bbb complaint 4 days ago. Still haven't heard anything.

Enhanced Recovery (Tmobile): $205-Tried calling for PFD with settlement. Will settle but not PFD.

RJM (Bank of America): $380-Already spoke with them and have done a PFD. Easiest COL company ever to deal with! (I will give them five stars on yelp!) HAHA

MerchantSol (Old Utlity): $374-Tried calling, but called outside their business hours. (It was 5:30 in the evening, I'm pretty sure these people were calling me at 9 at night to collect. What Gives) I will try calling again!

Unique Collections (DAMN YOU LIBRARY BOOKS): $40-Haven't called, but heard they won't delete anything. Not concerned since under $100. Still would be nice to be deleted.

I also have some lates with companies like Regional Acceptance, Greatlakes, and AES

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge or ideas from past experience on how to deal with any of these companies. I'm willing to pay to settle, but I ultimately want them removed from my CR. To be honest, most of them are set to fall off within the next year, but to pay and never have to worry about them haunting me again, or showing up under a different Collection Account, would be mind settling. 

Also I know of at least four other accounts that I have bad debts with, however they aren't showing on my CR. I would like to pay them off but I need to know what my approach should be in order to make sure that after paying, it doesn't suprinsgly show back up on my report. Should I even mention to them that it's not reporting? I'm kind of lost on what to do with these accounts.

ANY of you input would be warm welcomed and much appreciated!

Thanks You All!!

Jason Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Newbie here with some questions :)

Hi! Well Jason it seems that you can remove some items without problems.
Unique National- call your library and explain. They might recall. Or simply pay it off and Goodwill. They are pretty easy to deal if you pay or return books.

Enhanced Recovery- i sent them DV and they failed to validate. I would try that first and then push to get PFD. You just need the right person in a good mood to get it done. They do PFD

Midland Funding - i'm dealing with them currently. Once I will have results I will everyone know.

Unfortunately I don't much about other stuff on your report.

Hope I was helpful

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.