Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here

There are so meaages here and I do not kow where to start. I am tryion g to rebuild my credit. Yes I will grab currnet copies of all my reports. Then what? Do I just start sending out dispute letters? is there a good web site that will show me the way, I do have a book and it says to just keep writting letters, certainly there is more to it that that. Can someone help out this NewBie?  thank you !

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie here

Hey!

Grab them from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already to get the full run down of what's on your credit. Then you line things up, from who you owe, and how soon it is to fall off. What you can afford to pay and etc. When you see the companies, you can search them on the forums to see if they do pay for deletes. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Normally, the greatest negative impact on a consumer's score occurs if they have derogatory payment history, such as monthly delinquencies, a charge-off, a collection, or a public record.

The best way, in my opinion, to begin if you dont understand the system is to get your credit reports, identify any derogs that have been reported, and then post those back here on the site for specific assistance on how to deal with them.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Normally, the greatest negative impact on a consumer's score occurs if they have derogatory payment history, such as monthly delinquencies, a charge-off, a collection, or a public record.

The best way, in my opinion, to begin if you dont understand the system is to get your credit reports, identify any derogs that have been reported, and then post those back here on the site for specific assistance on how to deal with them.

+1 

I would also add that once you identify the negative items, you may search the forums for people who have had success dealing with similar items or situations. I'd do what RobertEG suggested if you need more assistance. The alternate approach helped me out alot. For example, I identified Ann Taylor Comenity as a negative/derogatory item. I began to search the forums for people's experience, goodwill succeesses, strategies etc. I decided what I would do and followed through.

All the best and WELCOME Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great will be pulling those reports on Sat and let you folks know what the issues are Thank you and ahve a great night !

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take about a week or so to just go through the messages each evening and read EVERYTHING. Make sure you read through the stickies at the top as well, lots of good info there. After 1-2 weeks, its will begin to make more sense.

Message 6 of 9
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

One step at a time and know that you've come to the right place.  Study your report, study this forum and as others have said, ask for assistance. Thats what we all do here and it works. It takes time and understanding. The knowledge you will gain from reading and participating in this forum is amazing,and in the end, you will be so much better off from it. Good luck in your rebuild journey.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 7 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

When you pull your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com , Dont buy the scores,they are fako's save your $$$.
The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Study the Guide to Common Abbreviations .

or make a copy to put next to your computer, so you'll understand the way we all talk around here.lolSmiley Very Happy

Take a breathe, repairing and rebuilding does take time, but it will be worth it. i'll let others chime it too.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie here BAC Home loans

So I am taking oiver the finances and looking at m,y Transunion report I have several 30 day late payments "is there a way to remove them, the loan has been sold twice since I had this from them? any thoughts on how to remove this 30 day late items?

Thank

Kent

@Anonymous wrote:

There are so meaages here and I do not kow where to start. I am tryion g to rebuild my credit. Yes I will grab currnet copies of all my reports. Then what? Do I just start sending out dispute letters? is there a good web site that will show me the way, I do have a book and it says to just keep writting letters, certainly there is more to it that that. Can someone help out this NewBie?  thank you !

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.