cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie in need of some help!

tag
davids253

Newbie in need of some help!

I am new to myFICO and am trying to clean up the mess I made when I was younger. I see that I have some derogatory items from the Dept of Education (Student loans) since my wages were garnished at the time and it's a paid collection. Is there any way I can get these items removed from my CR such as a GW letter or anything else?

I still have a revolving student loan that is current, I missed one payment and my fico score went down drastically. But it improved after they reported again to the CRA's

Also I just paid down my credit cards 95% which I recently obtained a few months ago. I almost maxed both of those cards but I've paid all of them on time. I hope that will help improve my score quite a bit by bringing my debt down to less than 10%.

Also as far as collections I have 2 that is on the myFICO CR from Equifax.

One is a medical that has a current balance of $247, the other is an apartment complex I used to live in that has a balance of $655. Should I pay those off or is there any other way I can get it removed from my CR (I don't mind paying off those items but I'm just asking you guys with the experience to tell me what is the best option for me).

This has really been a burden for me and I know I don't owe a lot of debt. It all started from my first credit card when I was 18 and it went down hill from there. I wasn't really good with money but now I'm starting to understand why having good credit is important. It's a bit embarassing when you get turned down when applying for auto loans and etc... Total revolving debt is about $11000. $10500 is a Student loan that is current and $600 from my credit cards. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Oh btw my FICO score as of today is 579 EQ.  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.