Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie in need of some sound advice.

tag
saidshe
Valued Member

Newbie in need of some sound advice.

hi hello everyone im new. im in search of some sound advice as far as my credit goes im newly employed again so im trying to repair my credit from my extend and rocky unemployment.

myFICO is 503 as of 5-9-09

it was originally 558 when i pulled it on 4-23-09

it first dropped to 524 on 4-29-09 

equifax -  503

experian - 566

tu - can't access

(equifax) 

says i have 4 accounts in collections 

2 paid in full (paid $221 as of 5-1-09 for 1 account) Both direct tv accounts have been paid in full. called direct tv and they have no record of the $263 being owed.

1 for $1300 to credit union, called and made arrangements to make $200 payments every pay period

1 from old medical bill, says i owe $4 still ? seems silly not sure about this one its a CA 

what can i do to have these removed if possible.

also:

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA
 [Edited] 05/2002 $0 04/2009 $0 PAYS AS AGREED $300

FIRST PREMIER
 [Edited] 12/2005 $673 02/2009 $673 CHARGE-OFF $350

TARGET NATIONAL BANK
  [Edited] 12/2001 $0 03/2009 $0 CHARGE-OFF $500

VERIZON CALIFORNIA I
 [Edited] N/A $128 01/2009 $128 CHARGE-OFF $0

(i called verizon and they have no record of me owning them anything but the CA sends me bill statements.? ) 

(im beginning payments on first premier  on 5-15-09) 

can anything be done about these? 

also why is the reporting date so current if the account was paid off years ago? 

i know some have had success with GW and PFD letters, what are these possibilities in my situation? 

im really lost as to what i can do, please advise.

thanks!

Edited to remove personal/sensitive information. Please do not share this type of information on the public forums-- thanks--- sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-12-2009 08:21 AM
 photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
 photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Newbie in need of some sound advice.

@saidshe wrote:

hi hello everyone im new. im in search of some sound advice as far as my credit goes im newly employed again so im trying to repair my credit from my extend and rocky unemployment.

myFICO is 503 as of 5-9-09

it was originally 558 when i pulled it on 4-23-09

it first dropped to 524 on 4-29-09 

equifax -  503

experian - 566

tu - can't access

1st and foremost - where did you get these scores?  EX no longer sells FICO scores directly to customers so these are most likely FAKOs

(equifax) 

says i have 4 accounts in collections 

2 paid in full (paid $221 as of 5-1-09 for 1 account) Both direct tv accounts have been paid in full. called direct tv and they have no record of the $263 being owed.

You're only hope since it's paid to seek GW to remove it.

1 for $1300 to credit union, called and made arrangements to make $200 payments every pay period

Are they going to report this as paying as agreed with the new arrangements?

1 from old medical bill, says i owe $4 still ? seems silly not sure about this one its a CA 

Surf over the "recoving from Medical Debt" thread and study the HIPAA process before doing anything with this account.  The process works if followed correctly.

what can i do to have these removed if possible.

also:

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA
 [Edited] 05/2002 $0 04/2009 $0 PAYS AS AGREED $300

Nothing to do here... this is a good account for you.

FIRST PREMIER
 [Edited] 12/2005 $673 02/2009 $673 CHARGE-OFF $350

If you have the money to PIF you can attempt to PFD.

TARGET NATIONAL BANK
 [Edited] 12/2001 $0 03/2009 $0 CHARGE-OFF $500

If you have the money to PIF you can attempt to PFD.

VERIZON CALIFORNIA I
 [Edited] N/A $128 01/2009 $128 CHARGE-OFF $0

(i called verizon and they have no record of me owning them anything but the CA sends me bill statements.? ) 

(im beginning payments on first premier  on 5-15-09) 

can anything be done about these? 

Looks like Verizon sold the account, so you owe them $0 at this time.  You can GW them.

DV 1st premier and look up the federal SOL on cell phone accounts.

also why is the reporting date so current if the account was paid off years ago? 

They can continue "updating" your file, but this does not affect the 7 year reporting period.

i know some have had success with GW and PFD letters, what are these possibilities in my situation? 

Search the boards for your specific creditors and see what others experiences have been with them.. this may give you an idea of what may happen with you efforts.

im really lost as to what i can do, please advise.

thanks!

Best of luck and continue seeking advice during the process.
Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-12-2009 08:22 AM
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

saidshe wrote:

If you paid an account for $263 to a CA for Directv and Directv has no record of this debt, then I would be DV'ing the CA. Was the same CA reporting both collections? Did you have 2 Directv accounts? Were the amounts close? What is the DOFD?

Is the CU reporting or a CA? If the CU, how are they reporting? Is it a charge off? Multiple lates? Installment or revolving?

VERIZON CALIFORNIA I
 N/A $128 01/2009 $128 CHARGE-OFF $0

DV the CA sending you a bill.

On which account? Paid, positive, closed accounts remain 10 years from date closed and help your score. They can continue updating/reporting each month. It is ok.

What is the DOFD on the First Premier and Target? When were they opened? Is there a CA reporting for them?

If you haven't yet, pull your free annual reports-- see link below.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

203bravo wrote: 

DV 1st premier and look up the federal SOL on cell phone accounts.

You can't DV an OC.

Message 4 of 18
203bravo
Established Contributor

Sorry and Thanks.. when the poster ran those together I took it to mean that 1st premier was the CA
Message 5 of 18
saidshe
Valued Member

i go the score thru annualcreditreport.com and signed up for myfico.com. the experian i get from mypremiercreditmanager.com from when i had my premier credit card.

the target account was paid in full back in 2006, would PFD be useable, or maybe GW?

(target credit card)

closed account with status of "paid, was a charge off. credit line closed, grantor-request reported by subscriber"

Status as of [?] Mar, 2009 Date opened [?] Dec, 2001 Date of last activity [?] Aug, 2005

(premier credit card)

reads as a charge off, but CA said they would make account active for making payment 5-15-09 

says i will get my points back once paid in full. 

CA : Pinnicle Financial 

Status as of [?] Feb, 2009 Date opened [?] Dec, 2005 Date of last activity [?] Oct, 2007

photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
 photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
Message 6 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The target account which credit bureau is reporting this ? Experian ?? If so it sound like target changed the account to paid from a charge off which is good. (if I am undstanding this correctly) Call target ans ask them how they show the account to confirm. I would call Premier and make payment arrangements with them. All the collection agency will is show it as a paid collection. All the collection agency wants is the money sothey can get paid. Premier might be able to do more for you such as if you paid the account in full they might change how they are reporting the account. Good luck !!!
Message Edited by AndySoCal on 05-12-2009 08:06 PM
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 18
saidshe
Valued Member

both equifax and experian are reporting target 

should i gw? 

Message 8 of 18
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

the target account was paid in full back in 2006, would PFD be useable, or maybe GW?

You cant PFD a paid a/c. What you can though is a GW and that would be a good idea.

(premier credit card)

reads as a charge off, but CA said they would make account active for making payment 5-15-09 

says i will get my points back once paid in full. 

Horse Manure! Paying the a/c off WILL NOT get you your points back! It would be the same as before except that the a/c is now paid. What does the CA mean they would makethe a/c active? Have you checked the a/c details? Is it past SOL? Whats the DOFD? Have you DVed?
What you should be looking for is a PFD for a score increase from paying a CA a/c.

Message 9 of 18
203bravo
Established Contributor

Good to heed nothingman02's advice.  Be wary of a CA telling you they will reactiavte the account to help you rebuild your credit.  Most CAs are lying when their lips are moving - remember they get paid on commission. 

However, there are a few legit offers out there and they work by the CA setting you up a "new" account.  You sign for a new loan with them with monthly payments.  They "pay" the account they bought and you have a paid CO and a new installment loan account that will show positive payments.  They usually will not discount the pay off amount and the interest rates will be sky high.  IMO - if they can't promise to remove the CO or CA, and you already some positive TLs, the probably best to PFD or setttle.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.