Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needing advice on how to handle IC System/Banfield

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie needing advice on how to handle IC System/Banfield

Hello All,

I've learned so much from this community and want to thank you all in advance for your knowledge and help. Here's my issue:

I have a collection on my CR from IC System stemming from an account with Banfield that was opened in 2013.  The amount owed is $577  but I never took my pet back to them because they passed away and thereford no longer needed the wellness plan. I called to cancel but I believe they billed me for the whole year even though I didnt use no where near all of the benefits. 

What's the best way to handle this at this point? Should I try to contact Bandfield even though they've already sold it to IC? Or should I just reach out to IC? My goal is to get a PFD for the lowest amount possible since I really didnt use $577 worth of services. Please advice and thanks again!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Newbie needing advice on how to handle IC System/Banfield

What were the terms of your contract with them?

What were the early termination provisions?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding it was a monthly payment plan, like insurance, that would cover yearly vaccinations, testing, and visits with no upfront costs, just the monthly fee. There were no early term provisions but Ive heard/read from many that they've had a lot of difficulty getting out of the agreement.I called to cancel and was told it was taken care of but got charged the full years amount.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did you agree to an overall term of, for example, one year, with monthly payments?

If so, then unless there were express terms permitting termination prior to the one year, you would be obligated for the full year.

The fact that the obligation was being met by monthly payments would not be the deciding factor regarding overall obligation.

You appear to have an issue of contract interpretation that requires an analysis of the entire contract.  I would consult an attorney for interpretation of your obligation.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I called  Banfield and they explained it all and I paid it off today. I just wasn't sure who to contact first to try to settle the debt and what options I may have had. But it's taken care of now. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.