Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs sage advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie needs sage advice

Hi all,

This is my first post, even though I have been lurking for some time. I have found this board to be full of great advice and I need your help.

My scores in Sept were:

TU: 610 EX:610 EQ:612

I pulled my scores today and got this:

TU: 628 EX: 565 EQ: 626

Now, I need to buy a used car this year to replace my dying one and I need help bumping up my score. My past baddies include a student loan, I thought I had one, but it really was two. Direct loans applied the money I sent to one account and not the other. So I show payment on one and CO on the other. Now, I am have been paying Direct Loans regularly for over three years. Is there anyway I can get the COs taken off the report. I heard it's virtually impossible, but that entry is a big killer.

To even make this harder, I find the balance in Sept was $2053 and when I look at the report today its $3314 - though I have been making regular payments.

The other is a credit line that went to once credit union (which got bought out) and was sold to another credit union(and that got bought out) and then to another. During this time, I had contacted CU2 and 3 for an account number and balance - didn't receive either and I wasn't going to make payments going into a vaccumm- and now the account is showing CO.

And finally I have an entry for Verzion and the collection agency they used. I am writing the collection agency to ask for their entry to be removed. Now with all the negatives I have going on, should I ask Verizon to remove their entry even though it showing that it is paid from collections?

Sorry if this was long. I hope I can clean up some of the mess that I caused.

Any constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.