Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question about CA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie question about CA's

Hello all, I am brand new to this  and I have been trying to get started repairing my credit, and  I have pulled my report, and it shows 2 collection accounts. They are as follows:

The collection agency "820YA00000" was hired to collect a debt of $361 on account number "XXXXXXX01N1".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

820YA00000
$361
$361
Apr, 2011
XXXXXXX01N1
Individual
Medical

The collection agency "182YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $146 on account number "XXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

182YC00000
$146
$146
Mar, 2011
XXXXXXX
Individual
Medical

I would love to get these paid off and removed from my report, but I have no Idea how to find out who to contact  or what the next steps are. Any advice would be great, so Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie question about CA's

Welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

Did you pull Equifax?  In pulling my Equifax reports through this site, I've found that the collection agencies and their addresses are not listed plainly and that can be frustrating.  Have you pulled your yearly reports through annualcreditreport.com yet?  If you haven't, I'd suggest doing so as they're free once per year and you may get more detailed information.  You won't get your fico scores through that site, but at least you'll be able to find out the names and contact info for the agencies.

I'd also check out this link as it's very helpful:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.