Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie questions re OC & CA reporting differently

tag
irish_girl
Valued Member

Newbie questions re OC & CA reporting differently

I had a Cap 1 card that was charged off in 2011. The Cap 1 OC T/L shows as good and current (closed in 2011), but it was sent to collections and PRA shows it as derogatory. How does that happen? I don't want to lose the "positive" on the T/L, but want to get rid of PRA.

The same thing for an old Credit One account, too. Credit One shows as good and paid, but Midland has it as an open and reporting collection.

Both of these are outside of SOL, so I've sent DVs both PRA and Midland. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Newbie questions re OC & CA reporting differently

I assume that you paid the delinquent debt to the creditor?

If so, then if the debt was referred to the debt collector prior to your payment, reporting of a collection is proper.

Deletion of a reported collection would be required only if either the creditor terminated the assigned collection authority prior to your payment of the debt, or if you paid the debt before they assigned any collection authority.

More info is needed ......

Message 2 of 6
irish_girl
Valued Member

The OC was never paid.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irish_girl wrote:

I had a Cap 1 card that was charged off in 2011. The Cap 1 OC T/L shows as good and current (closed in 2011), but it was sent to collections and PRA shows it as derogatory. How does that happen? I don't want to lose the "positive" on the T/L, but want to get rid of PRA.

The same thing for an old Credit One account, too. Credit One shows as good and paid, but Midland has it as an open and reporting collection.

Both of these are outside of SOL, so I've sent DVs both PRA and Midland. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Cap One clearly never updated the account report to show the charge of and collection activity. My advice - don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Settle with PRA for a little as you can and keep Cap One completely out of it. (the DV may screw you there if they go back to Cap One to validate)

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good suggestion Norman to just work with the PRA. You don't want that Cap1 part of it updating and showing negative.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in agreement with the others. I'm not sure if requesting a PFD could trigger them to contact cap1 and update. I would settle and ride out the exclusion. 2010-2011 stuff is falling off in the near future.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.