Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie trying to Rebuild

tag
godadago

Newbie trying to Rebuild

Hello

I'm had an account here for some time, but guess you can say a little worried and confused about the world of credit.  I am now ready to step up to the plate and get my score up.  I received my FICO scores on 9/24/13 (EX: 607 EQ: 581 TU:617).

I had two student loans, which were paid off in Feb 2013, and an auto loan from 2010, no missed payments, which I paid off July 2013 (18 months earlier than scheduled).

I had one account in collections; I called and paid it of 9/26/13; hopefully it will be off my report by the time I pull it again (how often should I do this; pay for my FICO score/credit report). I have two other accounts in collections; 1 says “Payment after charge off/collection” but still shows on report for TU until 8/2016 and a second which I also paid but says “Placed for collection”

The only other accounts on my credit report are student loans, $52,000 that are all “pays as agreed” and are currently deferred.

According to MyFico

Negatives:

1-there is no recent activity on your credit cards—I don’t own any

2-thre is no recent activity on your revolving accounts

3- you have 3 collection (1 of which was paid off on 9/26/13, and two others as stated above)

Where do I start to get my score up.

Starting Score Sept 2013: EX: 607 EQ:581 TU:617
Current Score: EX: 607 EQ:581 TU:617
Goal Score: ALL 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newbie trying to Rebuild

The paid collection is stilled scored as a collection.  You should try the GW route with these and see if they will remove.

You have a "very" thin file.  You should look into a secured card or two to get some revolving accounts and thicken your file.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
godadago

Re: Newbie trying to Rebuild

I went to the TU websit last night and did a dispute. Got an email this morning they removed one of the two collections which was listed but paid off and updated my TU report. I wanted to dispute both of them but could not figure out how to do two disputes.  Shows how new I am to this; one is better than none I guess. Laves me with only one collection on my credti report. I'll check the credit card forum and try to find out about a good card for me.

How often should I pay for my credit report/credit score?

Starting Score Sept 2013: EX: 607 EQ:581 TU:617
Current Score: EX: 607 EQ:581 TU:617
Goal Score: ALL 700

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.