Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with first GW letter question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie with first GW letter question

Hi and thanks for all the great information.  Here is my situation, need opinions please.  Due to my stupidity and PPD I have recent lates with BofA.  They were 30 days and have now taken their toll.  I am now current and no longer delinquent but was wondering about a GW letter or phone call.  I can honestly say this is the only account we have ever been delinquent on and have been with them since 1993.  No other lates or baddies on our reports.  I was just wondering which way I should go.  Is it too soon for GW?  Will I hurt myself worse by trying?

If I so send letters and call, how often and how many.  There are several addresses and phone numbers listed to try, which way is best.

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie with first GW letter question

All it will cost you is to hit the print button, address the envelope, and to spend money on stamps. I'd try every address possible myself!!
Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome MAD1! I have never had a BofA account, but will try to help. Have you attempted to call them? I am not sure that would work better than mailing a GW letter to them. I have heard of others that have sent GW letters on a weekly basis until the credit company responds. There are example letters on this site of a GW to send and I would strongly suggest that you include that you have had an account with them since 1993. Word the letter to where it "fits" your particular circumstance. It never hurts to try. I would not think it would be too soon to begin the GW process. As far as hurting your score, I don't foresee any reason that it could unless they were to add more derogs on your report. And as far as the address to send the GW to, I would send them to the address that appears on your monthly bill.

Have you looked on this site for a "backdoor" number for BofA? Try that. And also, try searching on planetfeedback for more information as far as the upper managements emails, private phone numbers. I hope this helps. And if you do have success with stating that they will remove the lates, ask for it on company letter head that way you have proof in case it does not get deleted.

Good luck and keep up posted with your progress!

Message 2 of 5
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Good Will letters never hurt anyone. Be honest and truthful.
Don't call; write a letter. Send them to every address you can find, and CEO's / higher ups Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.  I just sent a letter to the CEO and was wondering if I should send the same letter now to other addresses or wait???  Any thoughts??

Thanks

Mad

Message 4 of 5
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

All it will cost you is to hit the print button, address the envelope, and to spend money on stamps. I'd try every address possible myself!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.